Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Admin Tells IT Guy to Look Busy So He Runs Errands


There's that age old problem of being hired to do a job that works on a task by task basis, but you're still paid hourly, so half of your time is spent pretending to do your job just so management stays happy. These guys said screw that. For some funny IT stories, here are ridiculous requests IT workers received.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance Posted by u/kc1328 4 days ago Cant be visibly doing nothing, it affects employees morale. No problem. oc M My buddy and I were hired to be a glorified help desk, support, hand holders for a special project. Senior management at a large corporation had their laptops upgraded including new software they had never used and major upgrades of software they had previously used. We are talking maybe 20 people spread across 3 buildings downtown, all within walking distance o

2.

Text - My job was to sit in a office and take calls for any issue and I mean any issue that popped into their head. The only thing more entitled than senior management are their admin people. My buddies job was to actually go to their desk and hold their hand with what ever issue they had, oh and "read the ##$! manual" was not part of the support plan :-) he was great at it. After the first couple of weeks things settled down and we received very few calls. So my buddy was sitting at some desk d

3.

Text - So I realized that our service level agreement said we had to respond within 30 minutes (it was always much less especially if he was in the building). So I told my buddy to fuck off, go shopping, sit in starbucks and read the paper. No one but me knew where my buddy was at any time and I was the only one who dispatched him. So I said to my buddy " do what ever you want as long as you drop what your doing and be at the persons desk within 30 minutes." And if they called for help, occasion

4.

Text - So my buddy went to the movies, went clothes, shoe shopping, sat in the park, Etc The busybody admin assistant called about a problem one day and said "I never see him at his desk anymore, where is he ? "I said " he is much busier now, his morale and I'm sure your staffs morale must be much better now" No one ever found out about our malicious compliance. The managers he helped loved him and wanted him to stay on. He said no until.they tripled what he was making. About a year later he was

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment