Friday, April 3, 2020

Woman Purchases Freshwater Shrimp, Spontaneous Love Ensues


@TheBugChicks shared a story about her experience with a couple chill, adventuresome freshwater shrimp named, Marty and Sal. In a moment of panic this woman experienced the stirring experience of love for a couple freshwater shrimp, that she didn't anticipate feeling, in the first place. It sounds like Marty and Sal are well on their way to getting set up with a stellar new crib. Right on. 

1.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Story time. An adrenaline pumping tale of indifference, near-tragedy and redemption. This is the story of how I knew I was capable of great love with a pair of freshwater shrimp. A thread. - K

2. Untitled

3.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Before anyone gets snickety- yes they are in a Pyrex bowl. It is temporary housing until luxury digs come on the market. I'm working on it.

4.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Background-I teach abt arthropods (animals with exoskeletons & jointed legs.) During #StayHomeSaveLives time I have been doing online workshops with my arthropod zoo. I was buying crickets at my local pet store & someone mentioned freshwater shrimp. I was all l'll take two.

5.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks They are Amano shrimp. Very popular and hardy algae eaters for freshwater aquariums. I thought-I can teach with them! They were impulse shrimp.

6.

Chin - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks I'm not really a "whatever" kind of person. But with the shrimp for the last two days I was like SUPER MEH GIF

7.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks This morning I went to clean their water. I used a small ladle to scoop them into a new bowl so I could clean their other one. The initial transfer went perfectly. I am exceedingly good at this I thought. 12/10

8.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks The transfer back went...sideways. Sal was an angel, honestly. He ladled like a champ and then looked up at me with those stalked eyes like - I'm here. I'm ok.

9.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks But Marty. He was in the ladle. He was there. I swear. He's translucent but he was secure. When I brought the ladle between the two bowls. He shrimp-flopped. This is a science word. Onto my kitchen counter. This is a manky vanilla pudding colored tile. We rent.

10.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Something you should know about Amano shrimp. They are translucent. This was the moment. The moment I realized I love these shrimp.

11.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks I scream- MARTY!!! My heart is racing. I find him inches from the bowl on his side on the tile. Near some spilled coffee. No I scream. Marty! I choke on a sob. I'l get you!!

12.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks At this point, my manpanion @PeterCBlanchard is yelling from his office. What'sWrongAreYouHurtWholsMarty???? I touch Marty's little shrimp body with the edge of the ladle to try to scoop him up. My hands are shaking. Help me I squeak. I only JUST realized I LOVE HIM.

13.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Peter is a steady dude. Peter is looking at me like- you're the person l've chosen?

14.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Marty has shrimp-flopped again, off of my fingertips and dangerously close to the edge of the counter. I. Am. A. Mess.

15.

Dog breed - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks If Marty splats on the floor my dog will maybe eat him. He is ready. He is always ready.

16.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Time is of the essence. Peter grabs a metal spatula and I tightly say- he has translucent legs and two pairs of antennae! He is a crustacean!!!! Teaching is not something you do. It's who you are.

17.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Together, with my fingers on Marty's cold carapace and Peters expert spatula-ing. We scrape my freshwater shrimp off of the counter and into the bowl.

18.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks I throw my arms around Peter squealing. Quarantine has done things to my emotions that take...adjustment. I am almost in tears, thanking him and saying over and over- I didn't know. I didn't know.

19.

Text - The Bug Chicks @TheBugChicks Love is curious. It can sneak up on you. It can fill you up with unexpected joy if you're open to it. Marty & Sal are gonna get the sweetest aquarium.

20. Untitled

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment