Thursday, April 9, 2020

Signs That Someone's Trying Too Hard to Look Rich


We live in a world with super rich people and super poor people, and it can get weird as hell. One of the strange consequences of this world is people who try to act super rich, but that often amounts to being total jerks and completely alienating the people around them. Here's a bunch of stories of rich kids getting their world burst by real life, as well as stuff rich people buy that everyone else hardly thinks about.

1.

Text - Mild__sauce 5.4k points · 16 hours ago 20 dudes who pooled their money to pay for ONE bottle service table at a Vegas club. Source: was one of those dudes...

2.

Text - shinkel1901 5.3k points · 22 hours ago - edited 10 hours ago My boyfriend tried to convince me that if I bought a kitchenaid that we'd need to leave it on the counter so people would notice that we could afford to spend -$250 on a kitchen appliance. I would love to have one, but I don't bake enough to justify it and if I ever get one it's going to be stored when I'm not using it because I hate clutter on my counters.

3.

Text - ASoft7 2.1k points · 22 hours ago Definitely buying cars you can't afford. I'm solidly middle class and drive a Ford focus (don't buy one, they're shit) and a lot of people I work with (that make less than I do) roll in driving big expensive trucks or Mercedes cars. If I can't afford that, I know they can't.

4.

Text - Text - iqstick 846 points · 18 hours ago Saw some guys at a stoplight in a convertible 6 series BMW with the top down blasting music and wearing expensive clothes. I can see his dashboard: every possible warning light was on

5.

Text - Text - tappytaps 30.7k points · 23 hours ago Talking about how expensive everything you have is and how much money you have. I've found the truly wealthy people don't feel compelled to talk about it constantly.

6.

Text - Text - TigersNsaints_ohmy 26.4k points · 19 hours ago I work at an exotic car rental branch. I have plenty of customers that rent our cars and ask us to take the ID tags off the key ring (understandable). Then I have some that INSIST they get the same license plate each time and will flip out if I give them the same model as usual but with the plate one digit off. They're trying to make the appearance to whoever that they own the car and get themselves in a trap where they have to keep re

7.

Text - Text - mtnmza69 24.9k points · 21 hours ago Putting "Entrepreneur" on any social media platform bio

8.

Text - Text - GreenBois77 17.8k points · 1 day ago McMansions without curtains or furniture in the upstairs.

9.

Text - Text - carnagebestvillain 16.2k points · 23 hours ago Talking about possessions, slipping dollar amounts into conversations. Act like you've been there before.

10.

Text - Text - Archiver_test4 15.8k points · 23 hours ago Getting married in a big fat wedding by taking out loans, borrowing from friends. Plus, getting super expensive rings when you cant afford 1/10 of it. Yuli-Ban 9.6k points · 20 hours ago + It's time for that comment again. This may not be as bad as some of the other answers, but a friend of mine took out a loan for $250,000 (I promise, I am not exaggerating this number) to pay for her "dream wedding" to a guy she had known for 3 months. Th

11.

Text - Text - Spicy_salsa3 14.1k points · 20 hours ago $5,000 purse with no money in it

12.

Text - Text - Matttaay2410 11.3k points · 1 day ago · edited 15 hours ago My uncle and his wife are perfect examples. They bought a brand new Mercedes that they can't afford, live in a house that's too big for them, bought a caravan in a park where the ground rental is nearly 50k a year, they bought their kids expensive ass bikes that were never used and what did they use to pay for all this? If you guessed credit cards then you are correct. Credit cards and loans from my grandmother which they

13.

Text - Text - TheWolfEmperor82 9.7k points · 23 hours ago Shopping in the curtains aisle of Walmart and openly declaring to me (an employee trying to zone) that we, "Have no taste."

14.

Text - Text - FagnusTwatfield 8.4k points · 20 hours ago Talking down to working class people. Dont get me wrong there are definitely snooty arsehole upper class people however in my interactions with them as a working class person in services they've always been extremely nice. My guess is because we both know who we are in "society" so there are no pretensions. Fake upper class people have to completely reinforce the class divide. It had to be absolutely clear that they are and always have bee

15.

Text - Text - box_o_foxes 6.7k points · 20 hours ago - edited 13 hours ago One of my husband's best friends comes from a filthy rich family (think, billions). We went to his wedding a few years ago and the social experiment that ensued was beyond fascinating. The guests themselves were a mix of anyone from broke college kids (us) to doctors, to millionaires and billionaires. Some trends definitely emerged amongst the people who were obviously self-conscious about their wealth though. They were f

Submitted by:

Tagged: wtf , lies , debt , jerks , expensive , money , stupid , rich

No comments:

Post a Comment