Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Quick Story About A Dude Who Buys A Crow A Taco


Those crows are smart and tricky, man. This dude tells a quick yet hilarious little story about his experience with buying a crow a taco. Crows are something else. 

1.

Text - RamsesThePigeon 13d, 17h Just up the street from my apartment in San Francisco, there was one of those fast food restaurants that was either a KFC or a Taco Bell, depending on the angle from which it was viewed. The establishment was a frequent stopping point for students coming from the nearby college.. and those students were a frequent target for a remarkably bright crow.

2.

Text - Now, on most days, the bird in question would just hang around the restaurant (as well as other ones nearby) and scavenge for scraps. Every once in a while, though -I saw this happen twice, and had it happen to me once - it would enact a much more complex scheme than simply going through the gutter: The crow had apparently discovered that money could be exchanged for food, so it would wait until it saw a likely mark, squawk at them to get their attention, then pick up and drop a coin. Any

3.

Text - When the crow approached me, it dropped a nickel on the ground. I stooped, picked up the coin, and then jumped slightly when the bird made a noise that sounded not unlike "Taco!" Needless to say, I bought that crow a taco. The final out-of-pocket cost for me, minus the nickel, was something like $1.15. Even so, I figured a bird that smart deserved a reward simply for existing. Of course, that was probably exactly what I was supposed to think. TL;DR: A crow paid me five cents to buy it a t

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment