Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Dumbest Things People Did At Stores


Someone on AskReddit asked for people to describe the dumbest things they've seen folks do at the store. Some customers just turn their brains off upon walking into establishments. It's like some part of their brains thinks that because customer service exists, they don't need to engage in thinking anymore. Like someone else will just figure it all out. This can create for quite hilarious predicaments and profound levels of confusion. 

1.

Text - SchwiftySqaunch • 1d Worked at a pet store and watched a guy try and shove a huge aquarium filter in his hoodie. Then he had the balls to approach the counter with this protruding abnormally from his belly and tried to buy something. I laughed and told him to return it or l'd call the cops, he looked shook up, waddled back to the aisle and put it on the shelf. Told him on the way out to never return. Another one from the pet store was back when finding nemo came out a guy called in about

2.

Text - NecroJoe • 21h The woman who was arguing with me (i was working in the produce dept of a grocery store) about how she didn't like how one side of the watermelon was flatter, paler, and a little dirty. I said, "That's just how they get when they are on the ground." "What do you mean, 'when they are on the ground'?" she thought watermelons grew on trees.

3.

Text - HopSins01 • 1d Okay so I was at work in an ice cream shop. A lady comes in and orders a vanilla milkshake. She gets this nasty look on her face when I add the milk, but shrugs it off when I ask her about it. So l'm ringing her out, and she pays, and then goes right to my owner and complains about the service. "I'd like to let you know that the 'boy' who just served me (l'm 19) was very rude to me." "What'd he do ma'am." "He made my milkshake with milk in it and I'm lactose intolerant. I d

4.

Text - gamercboy5 • 22h My girlfriend works at a reptile store. There are signs plastered on every surface that clearly say "DO NOT OPEN ANY CAGES ASK A REPRESENTATIVE IF YOU WANT TO SEE AN ANIMAL" Well, these two girls strolled in and just decided they were going to open up the tank of a Burmese Python, which is a massive snake that if hungry would probably not hesitate to attempt to feast on a hand. Luckily a couple employees saw and flipped out on them. To this day I do not know what made tho

5.

Text - gah514 • 23h store isn't quite right, but I used to work at a hotel that was dog-friendly. One night someone came to the lobby, grabbed a newspaper, and then grabbed a "cookie" from the ceramic jar labeled "woof" directly above the dog bowl. He bit into it before I could stop him, and his embarrassment quickly switched to rage when he realized his mistake and that I had seen it. He, without exaggeration, screamed full volume for a minimum of 15 minutes about how awful it is on our part to

6.

Text - Gloomy_Objective • 23h This actually happened today. I'm a food and drink vendor so I go to different stores everyday to see if they need anything that we sell. There's a lot of dumb stuff that happens but this one is still fresh. So l'm in an aisle at one of these stores and this old man wearing a mask(which is good) calls out to me and asks me if I work at said store. This happens a lot and it's not a big deal. I tell him "Sorry no, I'm a vendor". He laughs and apologizes. I walk away a

7.

Text - White-Luster-Soldier • 23h Furniture store I worked at. Smaller items (anything smaller than a recliner) could be arranged to be shipped to the store for pick up, saving the customer the delivery fee, but the customer just has to bring a proper vehicle to pick it up. So a couple comes in saying they have an order to pick up. I ask if they have the receipt (we give a physical paper one and an email one) and they say yes, but dont get anything from a pocket. After about 10 seconds of silenc

8.

Text - Edit: forgot the best part. They left a 1 star review of the store, and acted like we were the villains for not giving them (who could have been randos off the street until they gave us the reciept) their product and for not helping them load it into their car. The review was taken down. We had a good laugh about it the next morning

9.

Text - jkohl • 1d I was working the customer service desk at a grocery store a few years ago, we sold Keurig coffee makers. Some dude tried to steal one, box and all, by putting in under his hoodie and walking out the door. When confronted by management for his obviously box shaped torso he decided to sprint for the door. The door he chose only opens automatically from one direction, not the one he was going either. So he slams face first into the door, broke a pane of glass and knocked himself

10.

Text - Valentines450140 • 21h I had to explain to a customer that when their laptop was plugged in it would charge, and when it was not plugged in it would lose charge.

11.

Text - Hysterical_Realist • 22h I was at a Walgreen's near my workplace, and I'm glad I got into the line at the end of this particular event. Apparently one particular shopper didn't understand the concept of carts, or lines. She went down one aisle, picked up all the products she was able to carry, took them to the register and had the clerk start ringing them up. But she wasn't done shopping. She went down to the next aisle and picked up another armload of products to buy, and brought them up

12.

Text - pabstdrinkinslasher • 1d Just joined the party after years of lurking around. Not a store but restaurant. I had a gentlemen specifically request pecans on the side of his salad. When I arrived with his request he was very upset that they weren't far away enough...he was allergic. Didn't want them in the first place.

13.

Text - benx101 • 1d As someone who worked in retail, people who get things, put it in their cart, walk around the store, then realize they don't want it and plop it where they currently are. Extra hate if it is a cold/hot item.

14.

Text - theguy4785 • 20h I work at a distributor and we have a walk in cooler. A lady walked behind the counter, stared at me and went "white claw". I'm like excuse me and she said she needs white claw. I show her to the cooler and she stares at me more and says "you want me to go in there!?". If that wasn't my daily dose of stupid the bimbo accuses that I purposefully locked her in. Here's the fun fact though...IT IS A PULL AND PUSH IT CANNOT LOCK ITSELF SHUT. She couldn't figure out how to push

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment