Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Customer Asks for Extremely Hot Tea, Actually Accepts It


Customers have a long and storied history of asking for things that will actively do them harm, like this Karen who wanted donuts straight out of the fryer oil. The thought of giving a customer an extremely hot cup of liquid harkens back to the reality of the McDonald's hot coffee case, which no person working at a coffee place wants to repeat. Anyway this lady asked for some real hot tea and she got it.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/RainbowRiki 19 hours ago 3 Here is your extra extra extra extra extra extra EXTRA hot chai! ос м This story is from about 8 years ago, when I worked at "Green Apron Coffee." The store where I worked was a drive thru store, so this day I was working the drive thru bar making drinks. Anyone who is working on the drive thru side will wear a headset even if we arent greeting the customers. A minivan pulled up to the box, and before we even got to greet her-

2.

Text - "I NEED AN EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA HOT CHAI LATTE. ANYTIME I ORDER IT EXTRA HOT YOU NEVER MAKE IT HOT ENOUGH! AND THATS ALL" and she pulled away from the box immediately. (I distinctly remember her saying "extra" 7 times.) Pro tip: the standard when I worked there was that "extra hot" means 155°F. The standard temperature there is 140°F, although a chai latte also has water added which is 200°F so it is already slightly hotter than standard when you order it without any

3.

Text - Since I got to make her drink, I didn't have to deal with her directly. But me being the vengeful young adult I was at the time, and wanting to teach her a lesson about being polite to those in food service, I steamed her milk to 195°F. (How hot is 7 extras, exactly?) Adding that much steam to milk makes it quite watery with some coagulated proteins on top. The steamer also gets quite loud allowing it to run at that hot of a temperature. I scooped off the burned portion of her milk, assem

4.

Text - When the customer pulled up to the window, I watched silently in glee as she pulled the stopper out of her cup and immediately tried to CHUG her 7x extra hot drink. Her eyes widened as she realized how hot it was, and then she spat out the remainder that was in her mouth. She put the stopper back in her drink, and still with chai on her face turned to us and said, "Thank you so much!" Then drove off. I can remember almost in slow motion how her face went from surprise, to annoyance, to ac

5.

Text - jmurse Score hidden · 21 hours ago That and she doesn't get to taste anything for the next 10 days or so. Excellent...

6.

Text - androidis4lyf Score hidden - 18 hours ago I never understood why people order their drinks "extra, extra, extra hot". The milk is burned (and tastes awful), your mouth gets burned, your taste buds singe, and every time you move your tongue it feels like sandpaper rubbing around in there. WHY.

7.

Text - FAlyfe123 Score hidden · 13 hours ago I've also worked at the green apron cafe and had a lady order a 20 oz "frozen caramel coffee “ with EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA CARAMEL SYRUP AND EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA DRIZZLE. I made it with 15 pumps of caramel syrup, 1 inch of drizzle at the bottom of the cup, a thick caramel wall, and another 1/3 inch of drizzle at the top under the whip with the normal drizzle over the whip. I was thinking “ok lady, you want diabetes in a cup I'll give it to ya". Yeah, sh

8.

Text - RainbowRiki Score hidden · 13 hours ago I BEEN THERE....We had some customers where we would take the lid off the caramel drizzle bottle and just let it coat the entire side of the cup... Each pump of the regular flavor syrups is 35 calories per pump, and with the recipes calling for 3, 4, or 5 pumps...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment