Thursday, April 30, 2020

Metric Mistake Has Wife Buying Over a Hundred Pounds of Bird Seed


For all the Americans, metric conversion can be a challenge. Honestly its better when it happens at times like this rather than something like miscalibrated airplane parts. Still, sacks on sacks of 12.5 Kilos of bird seed is a whole lot of bird seed. We all make mistakes. Here are some of people's dumbest purchases.

1.

Text - O r/tifu - Posted by u/EdgarTFriendly 6 hours ago TIFU by getting my wife to buy the bird seed So I've spent the last 20 minutes hypervnetlating with laughter and I promised my wife I wouldn't tell anyone we know because she's a bit humiliated... so this is my way of getting it off my chest. Since lockdown, my wife and I have found a new appreciation of the garden. It isn't big it, isnt prett.. but it's a way to get outside and, given the cabin fever we've experienced, this is a nice form

2.

Text - topped up periodically... but with us both working from home, we've enjoyed watching the birds come and go. We got bladk birds, starlings, magpies and more pigeons than you could count. After a while we fed them by hand and now we can even get a few of them to sit on our hand and eat. Its therapeutic in a weird way and naturally we've named some of them and so on. I really recommend it ( #berbs ) Anyway, the wife asks a week ago if she can buy some more bird seed - I said sure, sounds goo

3.

Text - selection for wild birds, shal| I get some of that too?" I didn't do my due diligence. I thought "what the hell, its not like it goes off. We can stick it in the garage". When she told me how much it was, I was shocked but I assumed she got a few bits with the order (again, she is still adjusting to the price of things over here and everything is super expensive to her) So you can probably see where this is going... this morning a delivery arrived. My first clue should have been the size

4.

Text - I don't know if you can picture the amount of birdseed we have, but I'd say-- if we take into account how much is due to arrive tomorrow- I'll expect we have about the size of a small sofa. We have enough birdseed to last our entire lives, we can give it as inheritance after we die.. from drowning in birdseed. We've both spent a good part of the last hour crying with laughter amid our sacks. Every time I go into the hallway, I lose my shit a bit. After 6 weeks in lockdown I really think I

5.

Text - The best bit, we threw some into the garden and the birds don't want to know. Little bastards. TL;DR My wife bought bird seed. She didn't appreciate the nuances of the metric system and bought Pablo Escobar quanitites. The birds don't like it. My house is full of it. I can't. UPDATE- golly, this is what it feels like when Reddit goes bananas? My phone has been going crazy... Anyway, lots of people asked for photos - regrettably, I had already started breaking the sacks down so I cant do a

6.

Room - NINTEN

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment