Thursday, March 31, 2022

50 Terrible Cooking Fails From People Who Shouldn't Be Allowed in the Kitchen


Cooking is a completely underrated skill and a skill that a surprising amount of people know very little about. More surprising still is that an even greater amount of people know less about their way around the kitchen than they think they do. 

But, that's what happens when you grow up in the rural continental United States, where every meal consists of some combination of processed food, cheese, wheat, sugar, and corn starch. Few of us learn advanced skills or techniques that are required for serious baking and cooking outside of grating cheese and boiling pasta. 

In no way am I claiming to be the next Gordon Ramsay; I probably fall into the category of overestimating my knowledge. But I can say this: I have enjoyed expanding my knowledge of cuisine and culinary delights over the last few years. It's been one thing that has kept me sane through the lockdown extravaganza, and I look forward to pursuing this further. 

Making mistakes is a part of life. You will never, and should never, get something right the first time. It's all part of the learning process. However, there are those of us who should never be allowed to step foot near a kitchen. There are just too many sharp things, burny things, and other hazards where the chronically uncoordinated among us could find trouble. 

These are some of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment