Monday, March 1, 2021

Guy Bests Dodgy Travel Insurer To The Tune Of $9K


Everyone has their breaking point, and when some people hit theirs they decide to engineer and execute acts of professional revenge. Take the brother in this story for instance: he was fed up with a travel insurer that just wouldn't make things right on a rather staggeringly pricey trip. Well, he was certainly able to teach them a lesson. 

1.

Font - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Snittle23 · 19h Besting a Travel Insurer In 2013, my dad passed away while my brother and I were on our own independent international adventures. I was in Spain and my brother was in Canada and we needed to get back to Australia. My travel insurance was dodgy but eventually paid out after a few complaints - which is pretty standard practice. My brother tried to claim $9k. He could only get one emergency seat on a bunch of connecting flights and with that and his flig

2.

Font - So my bro went through the usual hurdles involved with the appeals and complaints process. Eventually they told him that his claim for $9,326.00 was rejected and their determination was final. So, back then companies didn't really have Twitter handles, especially not insurance companies. So my bro, ever the troll, created a Twitter handle in this insurance company's name, complete with their official logo. He quickly set about gaining thousands of followers and legitimately began answerin

3.

Font - A- we would recommend you take the premium for our comprehensive cover and burn it. We don't like to pay out on for any insurable event because it upsets our shareholders. Have fun in Paris. Etc etc The insurance company got wind of this and sent him a cease and desist letter. My brother counter-offered with a contract for the company to purchase the Twitter account (and 2500 potential customers) for the very reasonable price of $9,326. They agreed. 5.7k 73 1, Share

4.

Rectangle - poisonouslobsterjism · 19h Brilliant ! Love it . Sad story about your Dad , RIP Happy ending for you guys though - too honest a measley $15k would have been a nicer round sum G Reply 1.2k ...

5.

Font - hetep-di-isfet • 16h F1 Award I wonder who the insurer was... I got caught in the middle east during a coup and my insurance agency refused to cover my emergency flight out. Apparently, they'd updated their policy saying that they weren't covering people who were in Egypt while I was ON THE PLANE. Reply 136 ...

6.

Font - dd801363 • 14h Sadly that's why they have a Terms and conditions mention of changing the policy at any given time with or without your knowledge. Insurances can be dodgy. My father had life insurance of thankfully, a small amount, that would have been paid out on his death. Guess what the catch was when my mother went to claim it? They updated that policy that only deaths from motor vehicle accidents and murder are subject to payout. Try to contest it? They showed my mother how they have

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment