Saturday, February 20, 2021

What People Found Out from Private Investigators


Ever wanted to know things that you have no right figuring out yourself, or have no means of discovering? As it turns out, there are people who will follow people around and sift through records to figure that stuff out. Private investigators discoveries can span the shocking to the utterly banal.

1.

Rectangle - KamikazeZero 10 hours ago My vindictive aunt hired one to spy on me and the guy found out quite a bit about me, like my dental records and stuff. I mean, I'm a pretty boring person with nothing to hide so the guy didn't find much to use against me.

2.

Font - Salty_Series 7 hours ago 3 2 My Aunt hired a PI because she suspected her husband of cheating on her. The stereotypical "Why does he have to stay at work for so long all of the sudden?" Instead she found out that he stayed at work after he was done so he could play poker and crack a cold one in peace. When she confronted him about it, he got so mad, flying into a rage that he confessed to her how annoying and controlling she actually is. They worked it out, saved their marriage and built

3.

Smile - Seattle_sucks 9 hours ago e S 3 An affair that my wife had been lying to me about for a year. I got incredibly damning photos that I texted to both of them just after calling my wife on the phone and having her lie to me once more.

4.

Rectangle - mcstanky 7 hours ago 2 3 33 My coworker hired one to track down his first car he ever owned so he could buy it back. Cleanest E28 i've ever seen (in person that is)

5.

Head - aiwooqia 7 hours ago 2 e3 S 2 Friend hired a private investigator to look into her boyfriend who she thought was cheating on her. The dude wasn't cheating, he was plotting his proposal.

6.

Smile - swiggybaby 9 hours ago A relative of mine who was cheating on his wife hired an investigator because he was suspicious that his wife was having an affair with another man. Can you believe this?

7.

Font - Traditional-Camera-4 7 hours ago · edited 1 hour ago 19 30 & 37 More My wife and I adopted our son from another country when he was 3. You don't get many records, but we did have the national ID number for his birth mom. We hired a PI to track down his family. He found the birth mom, older sister, and younger sister on the way. We have a recorded interview between the PI and birth mom where she shares how our son's pregnancy was a secret (not even her teenage daugher knows) and how she fe

8.

Font - aliengames666 7 hours ago edited 7 hours ago I worked for a private investigator. The dumbest cases were when people filed fraudulent workers comp cases and then posted pictures all over their social media of themselves sky diving and shit when they alleged that they couldn't even walk. It was unbelievable the videos and pictures people would post after filing these claims with companies who had shit tons of money.

9.

Font - Alieneater 10 hours ago I am not a PI per se, but as a freelance journalist I have been hired now and then for private investigations. Roughly 80% of the people who either paid me or wanted to pay me for investigations turned out to be either crazy or were otherwise normal people who had fixated on some person and situation in an irrational and unhealthy way. I now avoid that type of work and stick with other forms of non-fiction writing and research.

10.

Font - LilaBrent 10 hours ago I had one hired against me, and they found out everything. Tattoos that aren't visible normally, the address I lived at in a different country, medical records from an accident that happened 6 years prior, so many random things that aren't publicly available.

11.

Organism - Pepper_in_my_pants 4 hours ago 3 e 3 My brother hired a PI against me. And then, when the PI couldn't find anything, my brother wanted me to reimburse him for hiring the PI. Because "I misled him into thinking I was hiding something when I said I wasn't hiding anything"

12.

Font - SuzannaMcglothin 10 hours ago I've hired them for incredibly boring reasons. I work as a lawyer, and occasionally I'll need a document from a courthouse that's too far away for me to just go there and pick it up. Occasionally the courthouse staff will refuse to make copies and mail them to me. So I've hired a few PIs to pick up what I needed.

13.

Font - redditreader1924 10 hours ago Found out that they are very expensive.

14.

Font - yesnyenye 7 hours ago Not me, but my former boss. She hired a PI to investigate a guy from my country who she was dating online. All the birthday cards, little gifts, and little etceteras she sent him never reached him, because as it turned out, he never gave her his real name. She finally had enough and hired a PI. Guy was married and he lived further away from where he said he was located

15.

Font - Glum_Expression_2543 7 hours ago Not me but my grandma. She hired a private investigator against my grandfather and confirmed that he was indeed sleeping around. One day, her and the investigator drove up to his mistress' house and busted his butt. I heard the confrontation was ugly. But yeah, grandma is a badass.

16.

Font - shadesofgray029 8 hours ago That the guy I sold my car to and who then got me 3 speeding tickets before I could change the details over doesn't keep his address up to date and moves roughly every 6 months...

17.

Font - SelenaJnb 7 hours ago · edited 6 hours ago My ex has both a very well paying job ($160,000/year) and owns a nice house (which he transferred to his parents' name). Lies to the court so he only pays minimal child support and claims hardship on top of the lies. His income is twice what he reports. Yes - I would love to take him back to court but he causes such massive lawyers bills it has cost me $10,000 both times. It is nightmare upon nightmare

18.

Font - kendledean123 9 hours ago I worked under a PI as an intern for a while Sometimes we would use a fake "wanted fugitive" poster to knock on peoples doors and ask if theyve seen the person in the area. We would use this tactic just to see who would answer the door, how the house looked, if anyone else lived in the house, etc. the amount of people who volunteer such information to complete strangers is nuts Yes we had badges and identification but most people would never ask to see it in the

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment