Saturday, February 27, 2021

People's Most Disastrous Wedding Stories


Weddings have an uncanny knack for attracting all kinds of emotional blowups, seem to effortlessly bring out the very worst in people. It's probably directly correlated to the fact that you have various family members being asked to come together, when some of them should be kept as far away as possible from one another. Also, people can become possessed by gnarly cases of aggressive perfectionism. These stories from folks that attended weddings that ended up being cancelled make for quite the emotional rollercoaster. For some more juicy wedding dramas check out the most entitled bridezillas of 2020 over here

1.

Font - Outlander56 · 11h Very small town, way back in the day. The groom, whole party of groomsmen, and most of the male wedding guests were volunteer firemen. About an hour before the ceremony, major house fire. By the time everyone was back, the whole party looked and smelled like they'd been fighting a fire for a few hours. Wedding was rescheduled for a couple of weeks later. G Reply 1 217 ...

2.

Font - sensitiveinfomax • 11h My friend was getting married. But two months before the wedding, she decides to take a trip abroad by herself. She came to stay with me. She was the first to get married in our group, so I thought it's just a thing people do before they get married. I was excited to spend time with her, but she spent most of the time hanging out with this other friend of hers who she used to have an unrequited crush on in freshman year. I was suspicious, but her fiance was fine wit

3.

Font - I say l'm sorry to hear that and hope things are okay. She then says "guess why I called it off". I knew why, but I couldn't say it obviously in case I was wrong, so I said "was there a death in the family". She said no, I realized I loved unrequited crush, and only the day before my wedding he told me he loved me back. Now they are both married with children. The groom who was left at the altar is still single. Can't say I blame him. G Reply 1 185 ...

4.

Font - RetrogradeUranus · 15h She went into labor G Reply 105 ... +

5.

Font - slightly_savage23 • 9h I used to work at a very expensive beach-front hotel where weddings were held. Rumor was the site fee for the beach view lawn was like $30,000 or something ridiculous, plus food and beverage cost. So as a wedding is ramping up, guests are arriving (many from overseas apparently)we're seeing the bridal pictures being taken and then all of the sudden it stops. The bride decided that she didn't want to marry him after all and just casually left. Apparently this was the

6.

Font - Runner5Blue • 11h I used to to play in a fancy society band, and we played for a lot of wedding receptions. Sol get to the gig, and as l'm walking around in my tux, looking for the rest of the band, I noticed the guests looking at us like, "What are you guys doing here?" Nobody explained anything to us. And eventually the "bride" shows up...in a regular dress. WTF?? We eventually sat down with the priest who told us what had happened: the bride-to-be had recently won a large sum of money

7.

Font - Milla060 · 6h the wedding was canceled because a snake bit the priest and he found out at the hospital that he had covid. The wedding belonged to my parents so00 we stayed at home G Reply 30 ... 2FingersWhiskey · 3h That is a story you tell your grandkids. ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment