Saturday, February 27, 2021

Loud Neighbor Thinks Sound Waves Go Side-To-Side, Pro Revenge Ensues


Just when we thought we'd maybe seen it all, we come across a frighteningly clueless human being who has been operating under the assumption that sound waves only move side-to-side. Either that was some kind of totally awful excuse for inconsiderate behavior, or they really meant that. I almost hope it was just a lame excuse. Either way, the pro revenge that ensued was quick and brutal. For some more juicy revenge drama check out this boss who docked an employee's wages illegally, and went on to pay the price

1.

Font - r/ProRevenge + Join u/virgilreality · 3h 1 3 1 "Sound Waves Only Go Side-To-Side, Not Up-And-Down Prompted by an AskReddit post about bad neighbors. I had an upstairs apartment just off of greek row in my last year of college.

2.

Font - Day three after moving in, the downstairs neighbor starts blasting their stereo. SERIOUSLY loud, rattling the glasses in the kitchen cabinet. I give them a little time to get it out of their system, but after an hour, I go downstairs and rap on the door. Second knock is a LOT louder so they can hear me, so they turn down the music and answer the door. Sorry for the stereotype (you'll see in a moment), but she's blonde.

3.

Font - "Could you please keep the stereo down to reasonable volumes? It permeates my apartment to the point that I can't even hear my TV..." I said. I kid you not, she replied "You can hear that? I thought sound waves only went side-to-side, not up-and- down..." Me: ...slow blink..."Uh, nope. You were just playing <song_l_recognized>, so l'm pretty sure it's coming into my apartment. Please keep it down." Her: "OK, sorry about that." Later that day: More songs at the same volume.

4.

Font - My revenge: They didn't know that I was a Music major, and a drummer in particular, so I was actually prepared for that evening's serenade. I set the legs on my 18" floor tom so that the bottom was only an inch off the floor, tuned the heads down to make it sound as deep and bass-ish as possible, got my heavy marching sticks, and gave an impressive half-hour long solo rendition of "Sing, Sing, Sing". I proved that sound waves most certainly do "go up and down".. I never had another issue

5. More folks stepped forward to share stories of their nasty neighbors as well.

Font - Kizik • 3h Had a similar problem with a neighbour where I live thinking sound could only go up. I live on the bottom floor, they're directly above me and filed a noise complaint with the landlord about me blasting music and such all day and night. They knew it was me, too, because I was right below them! Except as I showed the landlord when he mentioned it to me, I had literally no method of producing the sound. No TV, no speakers, nothing. It was the people above them, but she never even

6.

Rectangle - cybercifrado • 3h Had a downstairs neighbor blasting music for a couple of hours. I was sick and couldnt really get out to ask them to turn it down. Well, they were on a bluetooth device with a good subwoofer, but poor security. After the third repeat of "Let It Go" - the music stopped and the bluetooth device was no longer visible... G Reply 1 150 ...

7.

Font - IronhideD • 1h I had a kid living in the apartment above me a few years back. He had one of those boom boxes that looked like the front grill of a 50s hot rod, and would blast bassy music any time mom wasn't home. I asked multiple times to turn the music down because we literally couldn't hear the tv. It got to the point where mom was home sometimes and when I pounded on the door, she came running down demanding I turn down the music. I pointed out the music was coming from her apartment.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment