Saturday, February 6, 2021

Lady Claims To Know Apartment Owner, Gets Swiftly Outed


Nothing warms our hearts like seeing a blatant liar get caught up in their web of dumb lies. This lady sounds like she was a real entitled handful from the very start. She claimed to know the apartment owner, issued threats about the employee losing their job, and ultimately got disproven in record time.

1.

Font - r/TalesFromTheFrontDesk Join u/DensitySquared · 32d Lady claims to know the owner, the way she scurried away proves that was a lie Medium Hey there! Not a hotel story, but I worked as a leasing agent for an apartment complex for a few years. The owner was a fantastic guy, but he was always super late to every meeting and never had any keys to the building on him. One day, he needs to come by and pick up some tax stuff, but naturally he is running really late and my manager couldn't stay t

2.

Font - I'm at the front desk, so immediately I let them know that we're actually closed when the lady cuts me off and demands to see an apartment right now. So, that's not how it works here. As I explain to her, I can't ever show an apartment without someone in the office (safety), and we're actually completely out of apartments to lease (which is true-we were always at 100% full, because we were at a decent price point in a nice part of town).

3.

Font - The lady stares me down, and argues about how we definitely do have apartments available and that I will show her one right now. Nope. I don't budge-l can't, we don't have apartments and I can't leave the office anyway. So she tells me, in the most condescending way possible, that the owner is one of her best friends, he has promised her an apartment and if I don't show her one right now she'll have my job.

4.

Font - And guess who pulls up right at that moment. The owner. I swear I could hear the cosmic laughter. So I look at the owner's brand new best friend, smile as big as I can, and chirp, "Oh, what good luck! That's the owner right there! We can ask him about that apartment he promised you and get it all cleared up!" She looks outside, looks back at me, and bolts out of the office.

5.

Font - The owner came in and asked about her, so I told him that she was one of his best friends, obviously. He just chuckled, and told me that he'd never promise an apartment to anyone without telling us first. And that he'd never seen that lady before in his life. Not a crazy story, but just so satisfying when you can immediately call someone out on their 4 2.2k 60 ↑, Share

6.

Font - angiellov • 32d 1 Award When people claim they know the owner I always refer the owner as the opposite gender and if they don't correct me then they're lying and I call them out. did have one time where people claimed that the owner promised a free room for 2 weeks. Owner ended up calling at that time and he informed me about it and didn't realize that they were going to be there that quick so now I'm cautious. G Reply 1 562

7.

Font - gothiclg · 32d With my job everyone says they know the owner. I always point out the business has been open since 1956, they'd employed almost the entire city as their first job over the years, and literally everyone knows the owner. When they try to use it to get discounts I always get to say "if you really knew Tommy senior you'd know he doesn't give discounts" G Reply 209 3 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment