Monday, February 8, 2021

Dude Takes On Challenge Burger At Local Business, Pays The Price


An unfortunate amount of us have fallen prey to the temptation of a food challenge at a local business at one point or another in our lives. It could be getting caught up in the excitement of the moment, maybe paired with an underlying competitive drive, but when it's all said and done those food challenges have an uncanny knack for completely messing people up. That's why restaurants offer the discounts/free meals that they do if you actually end up being able to complete the challenge in the first place. This person certainly learned their lesson in the way of painful, burning regret after trying to complete their burger challenge. 

1.

Font - r/tifu Join u/Triple7itm · 1d 1 e 3 3 1 2 TIFU by eating a challenge burger at a local business. M TL;DR: I ate a really spicy burger for free but paid for it with pain. Edit: Some of you have asked if I tipped the waitress. No, I did not due to me not having any cash on me at the time. Apparently I fucked up twice. That's what I get for being born human. This actually happened yesterday, but I am still feeling the effects.

2.

Font - So, yesterday I was driving around town and was feeling a little hungry. I was thinking about what I wanted to eat and how much I wanted to spend. I immediately thought about a local burger joint I had visited previously that let's you eat for free if you can eat their "Dante's Inferno" burger in under 30 mins. So, I arrive at the burger joint and realize that business is a little slow (No other customers were there). One of the waitresses notices I am there and gets me seated at a table.

3.

Font - Now, this double patty burger is cooked with Carolina Reaper powder, jalapenos and extra spicy salsa. Served with a huge side of fries dusted with Carolina Reaper powder as well. You are only allowed water as well, no soft drinks. Naturally, I dig in as fast as I can so I don't waste any of my 30 minutes. I knew the second it hit my tongue I was going to regret this decision. It started burning immediately. I was shedding tears and snot was running out of my nose within the first 5 minute

4.

Font - This is where I started to feel sick to my stomach. Every fry that went into my mouth had to be accompanied with water because my the heat of the burger had yet to dissipate. The fries were extra spicy too. 10 minutes later I had eaten all of the fries and completed the challenge in 25 minutes. I had earned my free meal and a T-shirt with the logo of the local burger joint on it. Now, I wouldn't say this meal was free at all.

5.

Font - 4-8 hours later (because I had eaten and drank water so fast) I had huge amounts of air trapped in my bowels. Combined with the size and spiciness of the meal, I was bloated and gassy. Sometimes the air would not come out and it felt like I was getting stabbed with a red hot, 12 inch serrated knife. After the pain had died down, I attempted to sleep this meal off. My body woke me up 5 to 6 hours later to empty the toxic waste out of my bowels. I'll leave the burning sensation I felt to yo

6.

Font - J4vler • 1d I had Carolina reapers in nachoes once and died. I am now starting to grow them to kill my friends. G Reply 1 251 ...

7.

Rectangle - Dendad1218 • 1d I wonder if I could do it? l'm paralyzed and have no feeling bellow my chest. Other then the burning mouth I don't think there'd be a problem. Reply 99 ...

8.

Rectangle - redbucket75• 1d Sorry to hear about your discomfort! I handle spicy well, I wish there was a place like this in my town. Not bragging, I think it just means l'm deficient in taste buds or nerve endings or something. G Reply 103 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment