Saturday, January 23, 2021

Tourists Favorite American Food Experiences


There's no denying the fact that America offers up some pretty wild dining experiences. Or just how America chooses to present its food and drink options. Apparently everything in America is served in monstrous portion sizes compared to what the rest of the world is doing. But hey, we've also got great distinguished cuisine options like heaps of spicy buffalo wings that'll melt your insides and have you cursing the next day's visit to the bathroom. 

1.

Font - Allydarvel · 2d Buffalo wings. Just loved that sauce, and the contrasting blue cheese dip. Also some cajun breakfast in New Orleans. Game sausages in a cajun tomato sauce with eggs and suchlike Oh, can't forget the Gualadajara skillet in Chicago..all my workmates took the piss cos I kept going back to the diner Reply 1 281 3 •..

2.

Font - Spreepodcast_r• 2d 1 Award Came to New York as a child. Hotel served doughnuts for breakfast. 8 year old me lived like a king. Reply 1 1.9k ...

3.

Rectangle - blackwilloww• 2d 3 3 Awards Breakfast in diners. I lived in the US for a couple of years and would go to this diner as much as I could because I loved eating breakfast food there, it didn't really matter if it was not breakfast time anymore. Q Reply 3.7k 3 ...

4.

Font - VioletCaracal • 2d This sounds super trashy but, fuck me, I got hooked on corndogs. We have amazing chefs here turning out excellent worldwide food these days - including pretty damn good barbecue - but for some reason corndogs are just not around yet. Reply 1 2.0k3 ...

5.

Font - articlesarestupid · 2d Southern food, baby. Barbecue, mac and cheese, grits mmmmm.

6.

Font - TiredTeacher1985 · 2d Good question! I lived in Texas during my master's degree and I remember one dish in special: jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon and grilled during some random barbecue. One of the most delicious things I've ever had! Also, did anyone mention brisket and Tex Mex cuisine in general? That's an experience... Cajun food is unbelievably good, and there are no better donuts than krispy kreme glazed donuts

7.

Facial expression - m00nbeamparade · 2d New York was pretty great. I thought my trip would be really expensive but those massive $1 slices of pizza would fill me up for hours. Also had great tacos, cheesecake, and an eggplant parm from a deli there. Q Reply 1 1.1k 3 ...

8.

Font - delickoricious • 2d BBQ, hands down. I'm Mexican and I went with the full idea of trying that juicy bbq meat. It was glorious. Also, I loooooved Taco Cabana, to me their tacos are the closest to authentic tacos you can get from a chain restaurant. Also, for second and third place, I have to say Carlo's Bakery cupcakes and, surprisingly, every horchata water I had was delicious! I sill have to experience the whole diner thing on a road trip, but we'll see about that one when things start g

9.

Handwriting - TheLeathal13• 1d Texas BBQ, followed closely by KCBBQ, biscuits & gravy, and the entire culinary experience in New Orleans Reply 1 76 3 ...

10.

Font - BaymaxlsMyPatronus • 2d For me it was being able to eat all the food I had watched people eat on TV growing up. Twinkie, Hersheys, Twizzlers, Lucky Charms, Dunkin Donuts etc. Basically junk food. This was before you could easily get those things in the UK and before Internet shopping was a big thing (yes, I am that old). Even just having a burger from the golden arches was like I'm having an actual American golden arches meal! I don't even know if I enjoyed the taste of any of them especi

11.

Rectangle - Anjskuuu · 1d Cheese curds! I was in Wisconsin Reply 145 ...

12.

Font - W4rrior_ • 2d Absolutely Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. I've ate my first to a street food seller near a Benjamin Frenklin's museum in Philadelphia and since that day l've never eat again a Philly Cheese Steak that had had the same taste and ingredients of my first Philly sandwich. If someone here know some Philly Cheese Steak's recipe I'll be grateful if he could tell to me that Reply 548 ...

13.

Font - DiscoMegatron • 1d Was in an Uber in LA and telling the driver we were off to San Diego soon. This guy was so passionate about us having to visit Hodad's when we were there we decided to give it a go. I don't know if it was the holiday nostalgia or the fact we had been road tripping/hiking so hasn't really had sit down meals for a few weeks but the burger was amazing, along with the onion rings and the milkshake. É Q Reply 60 3 ...

14.

Rectangle - Pierrepaul1969· 2d Biscuits and gravy. Reply 1.6k ...

15.

Rectangle - binikithepinkdragon • 2d Pizza in Brooklyn in 2014. It was insanely good and the waiter was super nice. (I'm from France). Reply 1 1.2k 3 ...

16.

Organism - L4dyPhoenix • 1d I was in Texas for work and Texan BBQ is not like anything else l've ever eaten in my life. Also, being able to order a steak the size of my face was an interesting experience. The best part was all the servers happy to share their food culture with me! Q Reply 69 ...

17.

Font - Bee_bop_lula • 2d My husband and I took a trip to Orlando (from the UK) to do the parks and we ended up going to Walmart- WOW. We nearly had as much fun looking at all the different food and the sheer SIZE of some of the portions as we did going to the parks. Ended up spending far too much money on things to bring back with us and we now have a very unhealthy addiction to Poptarts. Reply 1 1.2k 3 ...

18.

Font - SirHenryy • 2d Corn Dogs, I miss those bad boys from my days in Florida. Reply 485 ...

19.

Font - Procrastinating_ · 2d Clam chowder and lobster bisque both served in a bread bowl at one of the many little places in Quincy Market in Boston. OMG - just gorgeous! It was so good we went back every day to eat there. Just so000 good. I love the bread bowl and wish they did it here in the UK - but then you can hardly ever find clam chowder here : Also double cooked potatoes with an incredible steak on a wet Monday night in New Orleans - yum! Q Reply 1 275 3 ...

20.

Font - Empalator · 2d There are two things that still amaze me. Curly fries and peanut butter and chocolate mix. Like peanut butter M&Ms and Reese's Pieces. Oh, and I think pita chips are also pretty cool. I guess this counts more as my favorite food stuffs than my favorite food experience though. In terms of experiences, I would say AYCE. I have memories of AYCE with friends, and the food was pretty good too. Reply 1 165 ...

21.

Font - Jabbles22 · 2d I am Canadian, our food culture is pretty similar but you guys have barbeque. It's not that it doesn't exist here but it's nowhere nearly as popular. I hadn't even heard of pulled pork before I got to try it in the late 90's early 2000's. Barbeque to most Canadians is just grilling. The barbeque restaurants we do have tend to be fairly pricey.

22.

Font - Gaelir • 2d 3 1 Award Breakfast in a small diner in Minnesota. Felt like being in a David Lynch movie. It had damn good coffee. Q Reply 295 ... +

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment