Monday, January 18, 2021

Toddler Invents Their Own Swear Word, Swears At Parent For Weeks


While kids have garnered plenty of a reputation for being flat out silly and dumb, they can also get devilishly inventive when faced with the possibility of getting in trouble for a continued pattern of unacceptable behavior. This toddler decided to dip into their word bank and pull out a new word for the explicit purpose of being able to cuss at their parent without having to actually "swear." 

1.

Blue - r/tifu u/TheOphans · 1d + Join 1 1 2 25 O 45 3 32 8 32 TIFU by learning that my toddler made up their own way of swearing at me and has been telling me to f off for a while. M So the build up to this fuck up... I work out at home and have done since my child was born. I like to work out to music and there is one particular song that for some reason really helps me get in the mood to squat. It's a song that l'd played for some time without question until 4 months ago because it has a few s

2.

Text - My child had been listening to the song a lot more because they recently got into dancing to my music, I realised this when they repeated some of the lyrics and I explained to them why sometimes there are words that we don't use and why ect. My child is very emotionally in tune and can express themselves very well. So after this conversation they were very alert to any 'naughty' words, so if they hear anyone swear now they will tell them it's not okay. Let's fast forward to a few weeks ag

3.

Text - We were sat down eating dinner and I said the dreaded word that every toddler hates - 'no'. That one word started something that let me know how intelligent my toddler really is. My toddler lifted their fingers, crossed them over, stared at me and said 'x off mummy'. I sat there for a minute while it dawned on me. I composed myself, and then I asked if 'X' meant something else? My toddler silently nodded while staring at me... I asked what it meant and I was met with 'I can't tell you, it

4.

Text - I asked if 'X' was the same word from the song. My toddler broke out laughing, smiled at me and said 'yes mummy'. They had been telling me to fuck off in their own very unique way during tantrums for a few weeks now, and I didn't have any idea until it dawned on me that X had another meaning. TL;DR Toddler repeated a swear word, and got told not to use swear words. Toddler then created their own swear word in response and had been swearing at me for a few weeks 41.6k 1.6k 1, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment