Monday, January 18, 2021

Strangest Occurrences People Can't Logically Explain


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the weirdest things that happened to people that people simply can't logically explain. Sometimes you're out and about, going through your day's series of obligations, and then all of a sudden you witness what basically feels like a "glitch in the matrix" moment. This universe is brimming with far more mysteries than we ever really stop to stew over. 

1.

Text - Gandalf_Rex •6h 3 3 4 Awards I was driving across the US and drove into Salt Lake City. For whatever reason, I got a craving for IHOP, so I punched it into Google Maps and followed the directions to a spot in the middle of town. I walk in, and the place is....empty. I don't mean like there were no customers. I mean there is literally not a person in the place. No wait staff, no customers, no cooks. Nobody. There was partially eaten food on all the tables. Bags and purses in the booths. TV

2.

Text - randy88moss • 9h 3 5 Awards When I was in college, a drunk dude fell from a 3rd floor balcony and got up and walked away like it was nothing. Seriously one of the weirdest/freakish things I've ever seen in my life. Reply 13.2k ...

3.

Text - That_Weird_Girl_107 · 7h 1 Award I hit a patch of black ice in the dark going 60mph down the highway. At the time, I drove a 1 ton cargo van. It hit the guard rail and flipped. Not only did I walk away without a scratch, the car was drivable and I was only 30 min late to work.

4.

Text - Cryptolution · 8h S 8 4 Awards I was just a 6-year-old kid deciding what to do after school while I was in my grandparents living room. I saw a red flash shoot out of the wall and go from that side to the other wall and into it. A second later a big earthquake hit. I saw some sort of visual shock wave from the earthquake. And no it wasn't those weird lightning ball things. In my childish mind I thought that I just saw the flash (The comic book character) run through the room. Another cool

5.

Text - inkswamp · 6h 1 Award When my daughter was little and she would get upset, something in the kitchen would randomly break. Happened way too many times to be coincidental and the things that broke did so in inexplicable ways. I clearly remember one instance very early in the morning standing in the kitchen, telling her she couldn't have cake from the night before. She immediately looked angry and I heard a weird "plink" sound in the cupboard. Opened it to find the plate on the top of the st

6.

Text - wickedpixel1221 · 8h 3 2 Awards I used to fence (the sport, not stolen goods). I was at a tournament and had just started a bout against a competitor. You win the bout by being the first to 5 points. I score what I believe to be first point, but the official indicates the match is over and l've won. I stood there confused for a second, but my opponent seems to agree and salutes and approaches for a handshake, so I go along with it. I check the scorecard and it says I've won 5-2. Totally l

7.

Text - ThrowawayAssBiscuits · 8h I was about 18-20 (around 2008) and in the backseat of the car going down the highway. It wasn't windy out in the slightest (unless you count the wind from the car going 60mph on the highway, but that's irrelevant). We're going between two large hills (not mountains, but they're about 50ft+ tall) and atop one of the hills is what looks like an all black hot air balloon kind of thing, but not made of cloth or fabric. It's clearly metal and had no basket and it has

8.

Text - alecaskye • 7h 3 3 Awards When I was younger, in elementary school, I used to have the same dream every weekend starting on Saturday (when I would go to sleep) and then waking up in the middle of the night (on Sunday) and throwing up. The dream was always a bunch of numbers. Not even anything happening just a bunch of random jumbled up numbers all over the place. I never understood why that happened where the same dream would happen on the same night every week and I would throw up every

9.

Text - Crazyboutdogs • 10h Driving through Michigan. Saw a green orb sitting in the middle of the sky. Then all of a sudden it moved very quickly past the horizon. I was with a friend and we were both quiet after seeing it until she finally said " am I crazy? Or did you see that weird green orb too". Now I do believe we are not alone in the universe. But I generally do t believe there are lots of "alien or UFO" visitations. But this, this sticks with me to the day. W Reply 4 4.2k 3 ...

10.

Text - bariton3 · 7h 3 2 Awards My dad owned a small garden shop, so l'd stay behind the checkout after school till the shop closed. This was until I see a tall man wearing all black, like a trench coat, walking past my dad and smiling at me before going into a staff only area. I jump up to stop him, even though I was 7. This back area filled with new shipments. I turn the corner but nobody is there. There was nowhere he could've gone. I ask my dad to check the CCTV after closing, but it's only

11.

Text - GowBeyow • 10h 3 8 5 Awards So, one night I had a dream that I was working out in the gym that I regularly go to. In the dream, I was in the normal spot where I work out, exercising, when all of a sudden, the lights in the gym go out. All the TV screens go off. Can't see anything but, in the dream, it feels like some sort of smoke is filling up the gym and I can hear and barely see people panicking, running to the exit. Feels like maybe it's a terrorist attack? I start running, trying to

12.

Text - theWildBore • 10h 3 8 4 Awards This happened a couple days ago, and l'm really hoping someone can tell me there is a perfectly logical reason for it to have happened. I got a 2nd monitor since class is all online now. I was moving my floor lamp when the cement fell out of the bottom. Weird, but okay. I got that lamp from my aunt. I then grab another floor lamp from my guest room (that I've had since like 2007) and as soon as I step through the threshold to my room, that floor lamp's botto

13.

Text - Signal-Tell-6370 • 9h This actually happned last night. So I went to the bathroom and outside the door I hear someone walking, no big deal since I have siblings- Thats when I hear FUCKING SNIFFING. That caught me off guard since the dogs in the kitchen. So I stay in there for a while more then I hear someone walk by the door, Maybe its grandma? No, I would hear her cane. THEN I HEAR THE SNIFFING AGAIN. Anyways, thats how I ended up staying in the bathroom for about 20 min. Reply 668 ...

14.

Text - dryshampooforyou · 8h I have a vivid memory of being at the Statue of Liberty as a child, on my dad's shoulders, seeing the skyline of NYC. I remember what we ate for lunch that day, etc. I remember the ferry we took. I've always thought about this memory and talked about it, but my family denies I ever went to NYC. I didn't go for the first time until I was 23, but strangely enough, when I went, I remembered everything just how it had been when I was there with my dad. Reply 1 504 ...

15.

Text - mrvnaik • 10h 3 Awards So this still baffles me but when I was a kid we had moved into a new house and while the realtor was showing us around the house I saw a lady sitting at a white dresser in a pink room and she even waved at me but when I asked my mom who that was she just brushed me off because she was trying to listen to the realtor. The weird thing is that there were no rooms painted pink in the house and my family just played it off despite me being adamant of what I saw. Anyway

16.

Text - -Ernie · 9h I was driving to work on a two lane highway, and I was going about 65 in a 45 zone when for some reason I got the feeling that I should slow down. I don't know why that thought came into my head as I was a young douchebag who sped all the time, but it was strong enough that I let off the gas and slowed down tho the speed limit and right then, like 30 seconds later, a guy in a pickup pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. I got on the brakes, but still t- boned him h

17.

Text - Nardelan • 6h G S 2 Awards My girlfriend got out of the shower and called me into the bathroom to show me the mirror. There was a very strange, distinct handprint placed on the mirror. I lived alone and she was the only adult that had been to my house in about two years. We each placed our handprints on the sides of the mystery handprint for reference and neither look anything like the mystery print. I still have no idea how it got there. Mirror Handprint Picture Reply 565 ...

18.

Text - BumpHeadLikeGaryB • 9h I drove home at 2 am one night. I live way in the country. I was on back roads I've drove many times, and this car looked like it was coming over the hill quite a ways away. As I got closer it seemed like it was parked just over the hill waiting. I stopped and waited as it was a long way off when I first saw it so it should have come over the hill a while ago. Waited 5 minutes. ( seemed really weird for where I was. No houses around ) Started to drive up to it and t

19.

Text - Sarcastic_Troll • 10h 3 8 4 Awards Best I got is having some obscure song in my head and turning on the radio and that song is playing. Or discussing an old movie with a friend and coming home scrolling thru the TV at 3am and you see that very same movie is playing Just shit like that really. Reply 10.2k ...

20.

Text - level1biscuit • 8h 8 1 Award I had a sleep paralysis nightmare when I was a kid, where I saw a red-eyed dark figure standing in the doorway. It's always stuck with me, and l've called him the boogeyman ever since. One day I was browsing Reddit and somebody painted a picture of their "sleep paralysis demon". It was like the guy had painted my exact dream. And then a bunch of people commented that they had seen the same creature. It always makes me uneasy to think about. Reply 1 340 3 ...

21.

Text - former_dorito •6h New years eve 2014. Im around 10 years old. The countdown starts and idk if in other places they do this but un my country we eat a grape per second of the 12 seconds countdown. Anyway, i start eating grapes, Once each second until like second 6 when i realize un eating too slow. I try to eat fast but i cant catch up with the countdown. The countdown finishises and i still have around two grapes to eat and my mouth full of the other grapes that i hadnt swallowed yet.My r

22.

Text - Ningax599445YT • 6h The documentary Rush. (Its shows Niki Laudas and James Hunts rivalry in 1976 I think.) at the end I saw the old Lauda before he died. (Just search up the ending of Rush.) Oh and I also cried in every part of the movie. Q Reply Vote ...

23.

Text - bookeater • 7h I turned to the other person in the room, who I barely knew, and said "My sister is getting engaged right now," without having the intent of speaking at all. He politely asked why I said that, and I had to shake my head and say "I don't know." A few days later I found up that, sure enough, ah that exact moment on the far side of the world, she had said "yes" to Mr. Right. I hadn't even known she was dating. Reply 772 5 ...

Submitted by:

Tagged: wtf , strange , askreddit , Reddit , weird

No comments:

Post a Comment