Monday, January 4, 2021

Sister Steal's Hacker Brother's iPod, Brother Gives Sister's Computer A Stroke


Now this is sibling rivalry at its very finest. If you have any siblings and you happen to know that they're well trained in the dark art of computer hacking, it's probably best to never consider lifting their iPod/personal device. This brother was certainly ready to leap at his chance to carry out a brutal pro revenge. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/feelingsupersonic · 6h 2 3 2 8 1 Steal my iPod? Fuck your laptop. A story from 2007. I posted this on pettyrevenge, but after thinking about it, it actually may be better suited here. Imagine being in high school, back in the latter days of George Bush and finally buying that iPod of your dreams. After saving up your allowance and the money you made around the neighborhood doing random ass work, and lifeguarding at the local pool. Yup... that was me. And I was that d

2.

Text - But every story needs an antagonist - my sister happened to find that role many times. We are very close now, but back then, it wasn't so rosy. She was a teenager as well and spent most of those years resenting me. If I had something nice, fuck you for having that. I was quite protective of my precious iPod - she raised quite the shitstorm when my parents refused to buy her one. "Your brother saved his money, we didn't pay for it - we are not stopping you from buying one too if you save y

3.

Text - Well, that iPod goes missing one day at home when I knew damn well I had left it charging at the family computer. I left it unattended. My parents confirmed they did not touch it, and all eyes were on my sister. l'll jump ahead here - as it turned out, she had indeed taken it and had one of her friends temporarily store it until the heat was off of her. She knew my parents would essentially strip search her. After this unraveled (one of my buddies saw her with the iPod at school several d

4.

Text - Yeah anyway.... we don't talk about those dark days. But I actually did know enough to copy/paste some destructive commands into scripts, using "del" and "reg delete" commands and the like. In the days of Windows XP, this would essentially require re-installing the OS. I also was aware of a program called Bat2EXE which could package your batch files (and associated files it would call from the same directory) into a normal EXE file. And you could pick an icon to slap on that EXE, if you h

5.

Text - It doesn't take a genius (because as much as I thought I was one, I wasn't) to devise a plan here. I put a script together with the worst shit I could muster, and gave it the Internet Explorer icon. This went on to my sister's computer, which was an old Pentium M laptop which barely had enough ass to load MySpace at the time. My "hacker" abilities allowed me to log into the administrator account by booting into safe mode or something and simply replacing the iexplorer.exe main file with m

6.

Text - Fast forward to that magical moment. She's home from color guard practice and is ready for an evening full of shitty webcam photos that use every mid-2000s effect ever created. But before she can upload them, disaster! The screen resolution goes tits up, and the color profile is 16 colors for some reason. Random pop up messages every few seconds.... "Microsoft Windows has detected a giant cunt, please consider a system upgrade" and stuff like that. "Your hard drive is jammed with peanut b

7.

Text - The whole script plays out and she's left with a paperweight until someone can get around to sorting it, unfortunately the "computer guy" in the family took quite a while to get around to it. My dad knew damn well that I had something to do with this, even if he didn't understand it fully. He made my sister apologize to me before I helped her with her laptop and made her buy me a new case for it, after she threw away the one I had to try and make it less identifiable. Well, that's the sto

8.

Text - EDIT: here is the video. I made this after submitting this to prorevenge in 2013, I forgot completely I had done that back then. My old account got banned in 2013 because I told someone on ShitRedditSays to grow up or something. This version used the Chrome icon and I remember tweaking it a little so it would execute most of the payload on reboot. I had uploaded it at one point after some people requested a copy. I can try to find it, but I am almost certa died after I dropped it years ag

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment