Friday, January 8, 2021

Sister Gets Uninvited From Wedding For Inappropriate Comments


Just because they're family doesn't mean that they get a free pass. Sometimes the very people you love most in this world end up also being the ones that seem bent on spreading all the toxicity that you could ever imagine. If you find yourself in a situation like this unfortunate soul did with a sister who just wouldn't act decent, it really falls on you to make sure that the toxic person is removed from the environment. As hard as that might be, sometimes it's the only way to preserve a momentous occasion. 

1.

Text - AITA: For uninviting my sister to my wedding for what she told my fiancèe? My M27 fiancèe F25 has an obvious permanent burnscar from an accident that caused her mother (her only parent) to pass away from injury. My fiancèe had a long recovery it's been 7 years. The scar is on her collarbone. it goes down her chest but isn't showing. Unless she's wearing scoop/square tops. She often wears hoodies/jackets to cover up. She puts this cream I don't know what ladies call it but it's supposed to

2.

Text - My family love her. How can they not. She's a member of the family. My mom makes sure she takes part in every family function and things like shopping and decorating other things. However. My sister made comments about my fiancèe's scar several times. I've called her out on her behavior several times to get her to stop because she was hurting me before my fiancèe with her backhanded and insensitive comments. I told my fiancèe she had everyright to cut my sister out and not deal with her b

3.

Text - My fiancèe showed the wedding dress to my sister. I didn't see it but I was told it was a spaghetti strap dress. My fiancèe likes this stuff. Anyways my sister saw it and went nuts she started criticising her choice and said that she should've gotten a high nick or a jewel wedding dress to cover up the scar. She argued with my fiancèe about it. I went to my family's house and I confronted her. I yelled at her after she told me my fiancee needed to return the dress and get a "proper" one s

4.

Text - In exactly an hour. My mom and dad called and berated me saying my sister was crying after I uninvited her and that I had no right to univinte her. She's my sister and was just trying to help out and give an advice and avoid any "unnecessary" drama at the wedding. My mom said my fiancèe can keep the dress but suggested to wear a pridel shawl as a neutral solution. I stopped responding to my mom's calls and texts after that. Family members were upset my sister was uninvited and wanted me t

5.

Text - Obiterdicta • 16h · Pooperintendant [59] 3 1 Award NTA. Your Mom is ridiculous to suggest your fiancée needs to compromise with anyone on her wedding dress. Reply 6.3k ...

6.

Text - SurgRN4theWin • 16h · Asshole Aficionado [10] 3 Awards What a small person your sister is. Your fiancee's burn scar is a badge of courage. I work in surgery, and I've done many many burn reconstructions ... that is no easy road to go down, and your fiancee should be praised for going through all that and coming out the other side with her gracious nature intact. Your sister owes you and your fiancee a HUGE apology. Your mother can offer one as well. This 'eww' factor is childish and repre

7.

Text - SmallTownAttorney • 16h · Partassipant [1] S 3 Awards NTA! I am a burn survivor my scars are on my chest and upper arm, I can't begin to explain the mental toll that these so called helpful comments have on a person. I have had people pull my blouse closed over my scars "because they were showing" or suggest what I should and shouldn't wear because of them. I have had comments about how at least it didn't damage my face and I can hide my scars. It took years to be okay with my scars. What

8.

Text - brokeanail • 16h · Asshole Enthusiast [5] 11 Awards NTA. Uninvite anyone who insults your fiancee, imo + Q Reply 4 30.1k 3 ...

9.

Text - brandyto • 16h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [45] NTA. Your sister was being malicious and hateful, not "helpful". Your mother further compounded the problem by suggesting your fiancé is "allowed" to keep the dress she selected if she covers it up with a shawl? Your fiancé's bodily autonomy is not a debate or democracy. Your family was not asked for and does not get a vote. Most importantly, nobody should be present at a wedding when they don't actually accept the person being married for who the

10.

Text - jadez7789 · 16h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [40] NTA If your fiancée wants to wear a spaghetti strap wedding dress, then she has every right to. Those who think it's ok to gossip and make derogatory comments (including your sister) about her scar need a good look at themselves. Your sister isn't looking out for your fiancée, she's looking out for herself because she is embarrassed "on behalf of your fiancée" who doesn't care about it herself. Side note: I think you mean concealer Reply 1 409 ..

11.

Text - Illustrious-Band-537 · 16h · Partassipant [4] NTA. Wtf. Your fiancée's body or wedding dress is not your family's business! She can wear what tf she wants. Jesus wept. Reply 1 89 + ...

12.

Text - Traditional_Comfort2 · 16h NTA. The only person who has a say in what your fiance wears is her. She feels confident and she should be. Your sister is making this about her and what she feels uncomfortable with. Your mother was out of line to say she needs to wear a shawl. Honestly, if they don't want to see her scar in all its unapologetic glory... then they don't need to come. Reply 67 3 •..

13.

Text - Hangingoutwithyou • 16h · Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA. What is your sister's problem? Why should she cover her burn scar up with your mom's suggestion????!! I know people with burns and they are self conscious about it so them jumping on your fiancee about it shows that they are AHs! Reply 1 64 3 ...

14.

Text - Chance_Guidance_9066 • 16h NTA. This wedding is about you and your fiancé. As long as she feels beautiful in that dress. Even with the scar, she should not compromise for anything. Also, as you pointed out she might put that ointment/foundation on it anyway. Sorry forgot to help with the initial question. Still NTA for uninviting your sister. It seems only she has an issue with the scar not anyone else. Reply 106 ...

15.

Text - RamblingVagrant · 16h NTA at all. This is a celebration of your and your partner's love for each other. If anyone has a problem with how you two want to celebrate, they don't have to be involved. E Q Reply 40 ...

16.

Text - trip_the_darkness · 16h · Partassipant [1] NTA. You gave her plenty of warning to stop being an AH, and your fiancé seems to have had the patience of a saint-then your sister took it ridiculously far. Considering that, when confronted, she doubled down, I don't really think she could be trusted not to make a scene at the wedding, either, when she sees your fiancé in her "improper" dress. She had so, so, so many chances not to be awful and she took none of them. It's honestly never okay to

17.

Text - DameBootySlayer15 · 16h NTA. Sounds like you disinvited the person who would be fixating on and gossiping about something that literally does not matter at all. Maybe let your mom know she's on invite probation. I am sure your bride looks beautiful in her dress and I wish you both a very happy wedding # Q Reply 4 56 ...

18.

Text - halomtm · 16h • Partassipant [2] NTA - How on earth could you think you are the asshole? Also, tell you family that you don't want to "look bad I front of outsiders and guests" either, which is why your sister isn't invited, and why they won't be invited if they don't drop this. Immediately. Reply 27 ...

19.

Text - NYCQuilts · 16h NTA. My SIL has a skin condition and also wore that kind of foundation with the dress she wanted. Nobody even noticed the marks. But you shouldn't have let this go on so long or tell your fiancée she could cut off your sister - that was passing your responsibility for handling your family onto your fiancée. Your sister is small-minded, ableist and petty. your parents are AHs for taking her side and it sounds like they have been agreeing with her about the scar before this.

20.

Text - Pink_Giraf • 16h NTA But you are a great fiancee, and you have every right to uninvite your rude ass sister so that your wife can feel beautiful and special on her day. Imagine going out to buy a dress, or looking online and you sit there and look and everything is wrong with every dress and then it's there the one special dress and you feel like this is it, you are a bride, you want to see your fiancees face when he sees you in this dress. And then she has to make this all about the brun

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment