Wednesday, January 13, 2021

People's Best Body Life Hacks


Our bodies are strange. You never know if you're going to wake up after a night of completely restful sleep and still find something within your body that's just completely out of whack. Or maybe you'll be out navigating your day's responsibilities, cruising along, and suddenly get hit with a wave of gut-wrenching panic that just blinds you with crippling fear. From there it can be nothing short of a life saver to have the necessary body life hack in your back pocket. Life's crazy enough, so you might as well take these along with you for the emotional rollercoaster. 

1.

Text - WeAllHaveOurMoments · 22h 1 Award Splashing cold water on your face triggers the mammalian dive response, which instantly lowers BPM and blood pressure. It's not just a movie trope of the panicking character in the bathroom...it actually works and is sometimes even utilized in emergency rooms. # QReply 4 721 ...

2.

Text - Then-theres-chunkyhe • 20h 5 Awards When you have a clogged nose make a fist and press it down on you face in the middle of your forehead near you nose and tilt your head back. Your nose won't be clogged anymore and you can breathe normally while doing that. Reply 460 ...

3.

Text - mappinit · 19h Sunblock. Even if it's not sunny. Gotta protect the moneymaker! Reply 1 192 ...

4.

Text - opstapjee · 20h One thing that has helped me for sure, is when I wake up I get out of bed immediately. I used to stay in bed for a while when I woke up in the morning, but now I get a much better start of my day! Reply 1 100 3 ...

5.

Text - grass-snake-40 • 19h if you are forced to stand for a long period, try to rest your fat belly on the nearest stationary object to relieve pressure on your lower back Reply 95 ...

6.

Text - chefjenga • 18h Running cold water over my inner wrist when I am very hot. A few seconds of this, and I cool down to a manageable feeling. I assume it has something to do with cooling down blood so close to my skin. # QReply 125 ...

7.

Text - Awkward_Sneeze • 20h Setting my alarm clock to a "jump-scare" sound on full volume. Now my brain wakes me up a minute or two before my alarm clock goes off to avoid a heart attack each morning. Reply 1 269 3 ...

8.

Text - femm_queen • 22h Putting a straw in my water. I drink way more water now | Reply 142

9.

Text - Metallic-Blue• 20h Smaller Jawbreakers or atomic fireballs when I have the knack to snack. I can't chew through them, they last 20 minutes, and I can still talk and drink while keeping my mouth busy. Bonus: It's nearly impossible to yawn with an atomic fireball in your mouth. I have coworkers stop by my desk, "Can you hook me up? l've got a 3 fireball meeting coming up." Reply 294 ...

10.

Text - Invaderclaudia • 18h Eating mostly fresh/non processed food and starting the day with a walk (10 minutes around the block will do) and ending the day with stretching or yoga (preferably barefoot on grass to ground yourself.) Doing this has changed how I physically and mentally feel, and I notice the effect on my body if I don't do these things. Reply 4 34 ...

11.

Text - Ritaskeeeeter • 20h 3 Awards Crying. Cry enough and you're able to release whatever it is that's bothering you. No more "coping mechanisms" or managing. The body's brilliant. Just like you can vomit up something that's making your stomach feel bad (much better than holding it in), you can emotionally puke out everything too. Shame we've told everyone it's shameful to do. Crying feels great. Reply 1 447 ...

12.

Text - certifiedintelligent · 21h Exercise - Just do it already. Vitamin D - 5000iu/day for 10 years now, I get blood levels checked every few years and they always come up "normal". Melatonin - Instead of other sleeping pills if I can't sleep, or to adjust for jet lag. Don't abuse it, it's a hormone, but occasional use can help you repair or switch your sleep cycle faster. Reply 113 ...

13.

Text - Iwantedtorunwild · 21h Eating lots of veggies makes my entire body work better. Reply 1 146 •..

14.

Text - Tall_Mickey · 16h Do all your eating within eight (or nine hours) in the day. You'll lose some weight. If you try to eat healthy -- not starve yourself, but avoid junk -- you can really lose weight. My wife and I drifted into this while sheltering in place this year, and I lost 50 pounds in eight months without intending to -- at first, without even knowing that I was doing it. My wife lost 35 or 40 pounds. It's a thing; called partial fasting, I finally found out. There's a huge subreddi

15.

Text - NoResponsibility5346 · 17h Scratching the back of your calf reduces the need to pee for a short while. Helped me countless times in highschool. Reply 1 15 ...

16.

Text - skr3taP3 · 21h Telling yourself outloud positive things and stating what you will get done today. | Reply 1 37 ...

17.

Text - Belaara • 15h Drinking a cup of green tea every morning drastically helps my skin. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment