Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Infuriating Double Standards People Can't Stand


We live in a culture that at least claims to be sort of merit-based, fair, or at least fair-er than others. That said, we all have to deal with glaring double standards when it comes to work and relationships. Life is unfair, but a lot of this unfairness sure seems like a bunch of BS. Sometimes the unfairness we find ourselves in dips into the absurd, which produces memorable "screw this, I'm out" moments.

1.

Text - Jetpack-Katt 59.6k points · 16 hours ago O & 4 4 4 & 4 More The employee should give two weeks notice, anything else is unprofessional. But the employer will actively obscure their intentions until the very last minute. TheRavingRaccoon 32.9k points · 14 hours ago · edited 11 hours ago 3 & 5 More I trained my replacement once, who had been introduced to me as my assistant, so obviously I wanted to teach them the job properly. I came into work after my weekend and was called over by my bos

2.

Text - Iammeimei 47.2k points · 14 hours ago 6 2 S 6 & 2 More If you always arrive to work late you're in big trouble. If work never finishes on time, "shrug, no big deal."

3.

Text - CupofTuffles 35.1k points · 18 hours ago 2 3 82 Business should do whatever it takes to get ahead, but if the employee tries to make their life better, or find a new job, they are lazy and ungrateful.

4.

Text - rizzo1717 29.3k points · 13 hours ago 45 2 4 3 3 3 & 3 More If you owe a company money, you will be charged interest/late fees/service interruption almost immediately after the due date. If a company owes you money, you might see it in 4-6 weeks/2-3 billing cycles

5.

Text - izeil1 26.4k points · 16 hours ago 32 8 3 When I leave a job, I'm generally expected to give 2 weeks notice so the company isn't left without essential things being done. When a company decides to let me go though? No warning to start putting in applications or saving more money. You're just gone. Total horse shit.

6.

Text - Cat_Lady42 20.5k points · 16 hours ago · edited 3 hours ago 2 4 23 3 3 E 4 I wish I could spend one day talking to my mother the way she talks to me. Sniping at her over every mistake, shouting her name from across the house and expecting her to drop everything and come talk to me, dismissing anything she says that I don't agree with by just saying "no" with no actual argument and expecting her to drop it.

7.

Text - eeyoremarie 20.2k points · 16 hours ago 5 2 3 2 A woman with her kids is "taking care" a man with his kids is "babysitting"

8.

Text - PandaChef97 18.9k points · 16 hours ago · edited 11 hours ago O2 3 e & 4 More Rich people can abuse the system and no one bats an eyelid eg large companies with taxes etc. But when poor people do the same they are met with absolute hell fire from those above them

9.

Text - surebegrandlike 16.8k points · 17 hours ago · edited 4 hours ago 6 2 & 6 More Why do men get pockets big enough to hold all their shit and women get fake pockets sewn shut or a fucking micro pocket Is it too much to ask that I don't have to carry around a satchel like a peasant?!

10.

Text - steamshifter 91 points · 12 hours ago When a guy breaks the hearts of multiple girls, with complete disregard for them, he is a chad and a player. But when I do it, I'm a bad heart surgeon.

11.

Text - dbadefense1990 14.6k points · 13 hours ago Banks/businesses can immediately withdraw money from your bank account (and apply all their disgusting fees). But for banks/businesses to give you money, you "have to wait 7-10 business days for the funds to appear."

12.

Text - Devistator 10.8k points · 13 hours ago Those romantic comedies with the cliché beautiful and smart woman married to the dumbest fuck of a guy who is lucky to have her. Swap the roles and see people flip out.

13.

Text - some_personn 10.7k points · 15 hours ago 2 2 S 2 E Cigarette butts. They're not biodegradable and it's a fire hazard. We have issues with coffee cups, plastic bottles, etc, But we're totally fine with cigarette butts. If you're a smoker, make sure it only hurts you and nobody else.

14.

Text - littlebeefidiot 9.5k points · 13 hours ago 3 2 & 5 More Probably a bit late and will get buried, but the one that probably affects me the most directly is that idea that if I have my kids out with me alone, I'm either some miracle from the Heavens "doing Gods work" (a stranger actually said that to me), or hearing the "Awww, is it Daddy's day to babysit?" FUCK YOU KAREN I'M THE STAY AT HOME PARENT AND IT'S NOT BABYSITTING WHEN THEY'RE MY FUCKING KIDS! Mr. Mom came out in 1983 and I still

15.

Text - Text - NatureNut70 5.6k points · 16 hours ago Wealthy people don't seem to be accountable for white collar crimes like poor people who commit petty crimes. Wealthy people get huge tax breaks and can spend more money on themselves or invest to make even more. Investments are taxed at lower rates so people that can afford to invest make even more. Meanwhile those at the bottom get no wage adjustments for inflation while the cost of everything else increases from inflation. Benefits and pens

16.

Text - Text - EclipsedByShadow 6.7k points · 14 hours ago 2 2 92 S2 Someone can treat you however they want and nobody says a word,but the minute you say anything back you're the villain. It makes me sick!

17.

Text - Text - Hebshesh 7.0k points · 14 hours ago I'm a straight male. I went to a gay bar with some gay women and their straight married women friends. One of the straight women was being basically sexually harrassed by another gay woman there, to the point of being chased around the table, all the while saying she was married to a guy and she wanted nothing to do with it. The whole bar was laughing. If I did that to a woman in a regular bar, I'd get my ass kicked, thrown out, or arrested.

18.

Text - Text - sayacunai 5.0k points · 13 hours ago · edited 1 hour ago 42 2 @2 S 2 Dogs can bite us but we can't bite them Eta: I know you can bite a dog. Please, my inbox can only handle getting the same message so many times.

19.

Text - Puzzlehead-Engineer 4.1k points · 14 hours ago Playing video games is a waste of time, unproductive and you should be ashamed of doing that in your free time if you're older than 18, in fact you're immature if you do. But reading a book, watching TV/Netflix, going to a bar/club/etc, is completely fine and encouraged for all ages (well except bars and clubs). Why the hell do people despise video games specifically with such a passion? "You're playing games when you could be something produ

20.

Text - Pseudonymico 4.1k points · 16 hours ago Clothes from the women's section fall apart after six months. Meanwhile I have a 15-year-old shirt from the men's section that I still wear.

21.

Text - PTSDaway 4.1k points · 17 hours ago Women rarely get complimented for the things men get complimented for. Assertiveness, accomplishments, basically any intentional act. They'll be passed on as bitchy, tryhard and overachieving. The compliments women get - are compliments men rarely get. Being told that certain characteriatics about their personality makes other feel good, appearance compliments. This is absolute fuel for who has it worse. I know. But there is no lying in that both sides,

22.

Text - Sethor 3.1k points · 17 hours ago S Know a lot of gaming knowledge and lore? OMG, what a geek. Know every member of every Super Bowl and World Series winning team? What a cool guy!

23.

Text - Jim2718 2.5k points · 13 hours ago Baking is for women. I love watching baking shows and seeing the creativity. I was recently inspired to make a father- daughter pact to bake something with my five-year-old daughter at least once a week. Next weekend, I am teaching her to make a checkerboard pattern cake (teaching myself, too). Last weekend, we made homemade bread, and she has been asking for a slice of that bread with every meal until now it is almost gone.

24.

Text - The_ranting_spider 2.2k points · 17 hours ago · edited 2 hours ago If I'm in a movie and I ask for beer, I get one. If I order a beer in real life, the bartender will condescendingly ask "Which one".

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment