Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Customer Changes Phone Password, Thinks Phone's Dead, Asks For Manager


Man, you've really got to hand it to the tech support employees of this wild world. They're really out there on the frontlines, weathering all kinds of profound stupidity. In this case, we have a tech support employee dealing with an irritated customer who is convinced that their phone's dead because they changed their password, and then the phone wouldn't charge. I mean, really, where do you even start with something like that? 

1.

Text - r/talesfromtechsupport u/E_n_z_z_o• 17d + Join $1 61 2 2 i changed my password and my phone died. what did you do to it??? Short I work in the Technical Support call center for a major smart phone manufacturer and I received the following call last night. C = Customer H = Customer's Husband M = Me %3D M: thank you for calling major phone manufacturer, my name is OP, how can I help you?

2.

Text - C: this morning I changed my password and now my phone won't charge. I've tried several different charging cables that all worked yesterday. What did you do to my phone? M: i'm sorry to hear that your phone isn't charging, have you tried holding the power button for 10 seconds? C: yes and it won't turn on. It's completely dead. What did you do to it? M: I assure you I didn't do anything to your phone. I am sorry that this happened. I'd be happy to set up service for you to have the phone

3.

Text - C: it can't be a coincidence. It was working fine yesterday, and now the phone is dead and it won't charge. Why did you ruin my phone? M: two things can happen on the same day and have nothing to do with each other. Imagine: A person who had never drank any coffee in his entire life wakes up one morning and decides to have a cup of coffee. He leaves the house and while crossing the street he gets hit by a bus. Did drinking coffee cause him to get hit by the bus? C: What is your name? M: I

4.

Text - H: what does Coffee have to do with anything? M: I don't mean to be rude, but that's exactly my point. Coffee doesn't have anything to do with a bus, and your password has nothing to do with your phone's battery. C:I want to speak to your manager. M: Sure, hold please. I then transferred the call to my supervisor and explained what had happened on the call. He had a good chuckle and took the call. Have a good day everyone. 2.2k 143 1, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment