Thursday, January 21, 2021

Boss Tells Lab Manager To Alter Inventory Reports, Completely Backfires


It sounds like this boss was just trying to cut corners in an area of their job that they simply couldn't afford to take shortcuts in. Suffice to say, after they tell their lab manager to alter some inventory reports, the lab gets a bit of a walkthrough inspection, and things quickly blow up from there. It was really only ever going to go that way. 

Check out some more malicious compliance gold with this incompetent boss who insisted on using an errant GPS, and then karma ensued

1.

Font - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/Gemini0420 • 4h 1 3 1 1 Alter the inventory reports so i don't have explain things M Back in 2016 I took over as a Lab Manager. The previous guy running the Lab as well as the boss were the golden children and could do no wrong. Later found out they were omitting all kinds of information on monthly reports to make the numbers look good.

2.

Text - My first month I ran the reports and submitted the inventory report to admin. I found 85 items that were red tagged (failed diagnostic tests, non operational) and admin calls me asking why it's so different from the previous month as there were only 5 assets on the previous report. I tell them i have no clue why that is and that l'm simply doing truth in reporting of our inventory. They tell me remove information and make it match to previous month. I explain that these are all the failed

3.

Font - I am submitting these altered reports for 5 months with no complaints. The higher-ups do an unannounced walk through one day and decided to look at our master inventory. They see the list of red tag assets and ask why there are so many and that it doesn't match the reports they get. I explain that i simply submit the data my boss tells me to submit. They aren't happy with the answer. My boss gets his ass chewed out. Shit rolls down hill and I get yelled at, at which point i reminded him a

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment