Monday, December 14, 2020

Snobby Aunt Regifts Box Of Old Chocolates, Petty Revenge Ensues


The audacity of this materialistic aunt to sit there and watch her family member go ahead with eating chocolates that are bad, because she didn't want to get called out for regifting, is beyond comprehension. We can only hope that the Aunt learned her lesson, and discontinued her regifting practice. Especially regifting expired sweets. That's just the opposite of promoting the holiday spirit. Check out more of the world's pettiest revenges over here

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/blue_solid • 1d 1 2 1 1 3 1 Petty revenge christmas edition. I have this aunt in law who is this materialistic bubble head. She goes on about her assorted status symbols, clothes on her kids, her house etc. We always exchange gifts at Christmas, my wife has a fondness for her which had much more to do with her childhood than the classist weirdo she is today.

2.

Text - Anyway, I always had the feeling that she would fake appreciate any gift you gave her but not actually use it, she would make these appreciative and back handed insults, like the time we gave her a box of chocolates, nougat covered with chocolate, her favorite. So she would say, 'oh these look lovely, unusually get the hand crafted nougat from from the chocolatier xxx, so these will be a nice variation, l'm sure they will be nice". Yeah, no, she is never going to eat those but my wife cal

3.

Text - We have also suspected her of regifting quite a bit but could never prove it. Until the following Christmas. One of the key rules of regifting is you dont regift to the same person that gave you a gift. And so yes, she gave me back the box of chocolates, I know it's the same one because a) it was pretty rare, never saw it before and after I bought it, it was imported from italy. So i said "oh, these are the same kind, i gave you last year, you must have enjoyed these so much that you boug

4.

Text - bloom which would happen after sitting in a closet for a year (bloom looks bad but really its just sugar thats condensed on the surface, so harmless really) pretending to be ignorant I double down, I'm going for it. I shove the box under her nose, "here, you love these, have one" she stammered, "I am ok, not hungry at the moment "but you love these, you said they were great" "oh, they were wonderful but I really couldnt " "OK, well then I have to have one, they look delicious" she stammer

5.

Text - Then about 10 minutes later, I started to complain "not feeling so good, do you have some seltzer ?" So she brought me a glass, let out a big burp. "That's better" I ate dinner, dessert,.drinks then after dinner we had brandy, "those chocolates would go great.with the brandy" so grabbed them. Passed them around, some said " where did you get those, they donr look very good, they have allot of bloom" I said 'no,they are great" and ate another one. The aunt looked pale. About 10 minutes lat

6.

Text - I told my wife the story, she was mad at me at first for being a dick. So I said "she knowingly gives someone a year old box of chocolates and I'm the dick" and then it finally.dawned on her "she knew it was bad, refused to eat one but let you eat one knowing it was a year old" The aunt called the next day and conveniently wondered how I was feeling. I said "I threw up when I got home butI was fine after rhat' 851 34 ↑, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment