Monday, December 14, 2020

Customer Counts Chicken Bits In KFC Bucket, Gets Labeled Karen


This parent was not about to let a KFC employee get away with carelessly miscounting the number of chicken bits in their bucket. But alas, when they proceeded to call out the employee and manager for their counting error, they were then labeled Karen by the rest of the family. A tough go, for sure. I mean, it was three pieces after all. That's almost a whole meal right there. Come on, guys. 

1.

Text - AITA for counting out my chicken at KFC? So last night my family decided we wanted to eat some fried chicken. My older son's gf was staying with us so 6 people in total. We wanted to get it delivered but the wait times were too long so it was decided l'd drive over with my daughter. We decided to get a bucket with 24 pieces - so four bits of chicken for each of us, we'd share the fries and we had drinks at home. We get there and order, and as l'm waiting for my food I realise this is a br

2.

Text - When I said there were only 21 in the bucket instead of 24, she insisted that there was the full amount and I was mistaken. I assured her I was not. The manager overheard us and backed the employee, and said it looked like there were 24 pieces in the bucket and handed it to me. At this point I took out those disposable plates, laid them on the counter, and counted out 21 (not 24) chicken pieces. I then said I either want my 3 pieces or a refund because this not hat I had paid for. The man

3.

Text - My daughter was mortified about the whole thing and said that I was being a total Karen. I disagree because I had a valid complaint that the staff wouldn't even consider. I think it's better I sorted it at the store than when we got home than someone went without because there weren't enough pieces. That someone would have been me or my wife, seeing as were the adults and I didn't particularly want to go hungry. My kids agreed that I was being dramatic and that 3 pieces weren't worth argu

4.

Text - boonby • 8h O 1 Award NTA. People say karen for anything now, asking for what you paid for is not being a karen. I'm only saying this as a millennial myself, but tell your kids it is OKAY to be a customer. Just don't be a jerk about it and it is OKAY to speak up. I know my generation and younger gets nervous about that kind of stuff, but it is YOUR money and you should get what you paid for. You noticed a mistake, pointed it out (kindly? From what I read) and it was fixed. Reply 1 6.8k ..

5.

Text - jennyther • 8h • Asshole Enthusiast [5] Thanks for taking one for the team. If nobody did this, everyone would be getting 21 pieces. Then 20. Then 19... And they got off lightly I think with only giving you 3 extra pieces! NTA Reply 306 ...

6.

Text - heretoomuch • 8h • Partassipant [3] 2 Awards NTA. The manager saying it looks like 24 was ridiculous. Is she the Rainman of chicken? Reply 407 ...

7.

Text - TheUltradianCyclist • 8h NTA. That's a scam that could make the manager some cash if they didn't get caught. I wonder how long they've been getting away with it Did you take the matter further up the ladder? Reply 905 3 ...

8.

Text - Randomconqueso • 8h NTA. You deserve to get what you paid for; As long as you were polite while talking to staff you have a right to complain. Maybe your kids don't know the value of money yet + Reply 97 ...

9.

Text - cynical-mage • 8h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [39] Ofc you're NTA. You paid for a certain number of items, and that is what you should receive, end of. Reply 51 3 ...

10.

Text - Lonely_Fact_7789 • 7h NTA, I've actually worked at kfc and had a customer mistakenly shorted. I asked her to count it out, as it had crossed the counter couldn't touch it, and gave her extras for the troubles. If this is how they resolve their issues - no wonder there is problems. Reply 1 55 ...

11.

Text - distracted_x • 7h • Partassipant [1] NTA. A kind of similar thing happened to me at KFC. Awhile back I ordered two large boxes of popcorn chicken. If I remember correctly it was a new thing, and it was supposed to have like 70 pieces in each box. They advertised this fact, it was on the signs. I got it home and each box was like half full at best so I decided to count them. There was like 25-30 pieces in each box. So, not even half. I was trying to feed six people so you better believe I

12.

Text - TexFiend • 7h • Asshole Enthusiast [9] NTA KFC in my area is notorious for getting orders wrong. I pull over every time (after going through the drivethru) to check i have what i ordered. There's also a non-zero chance your branch did that on purpose due to general scumminess. Your children are... well, children. I think it's likely they'll start caring a lot more about getting what they order once THEY'RE the ones paying for it. Reply 1 19 ...

13.

Text - amys97 · 8h NTA - I've had many issues with KFC over the years and sometimes they don't even try to give you the correct order. My dad has done the same thing when I was little and at the time I was pretty embarrassed but it also teaches the workers to be careful and actually give people their correct food Reply 1 14 3 ...

14.

Text - Adv3ntur31SOutThere • 7h • Partassipant [1] NTA, my mom used to do this a lot when I was a teenager and yeah it was embarrassing but like you should get what you pay for. Reply 1 38

15.

Text - Legitimate-Papaya-57 • 7h NTA Unless you were rude while doing this I don't think you are TA. You paid for a certain amount of chicken and were not given it. | Reply 1 9 ...

16.

Text - Naf623 • 8h • Partassipant [1] Totally NTA, complaining to get the most simple thing which you paid for is not Karen behaviour at all; and you didn't even ask to speak with the manager haha. Personally after having to unpack my order like that in front of them I would have been minded to ask for the whole lot to be replaced. Almost sounds like this restaurant count on people not counting so they can deliberately short you. And the fact the manager just said it looked right and make you do

17.

Text - raccoon_boy22• 5h NTA. I get upset when l'm given 19 nuggets at McD instead of 20. It's an expectation to have the thing you ordered, especially when you're trying to make sure everyone is getting an equal share. Reply 1 4 3 ...

18.

Text - Spiritual-Fish • 5h NTA- I ordered a 10pc McNuggets from McDs one time but they only gave me 9. I would've done the same thing. I always count my nuggets now! This is why I have trust issues... Reply 1 6 3 ...

19.

Text - ToadKingPJ • 3h NTA I am part of the generation who prefers to give workers the benefit of the doubt, but that went away when I realised these people arent getting payed enough to care about how they do their jobs and that I do not have money to waste on other people's mistakes. I can handle a bad attitude but I will absolutely get my money's worth. Your kids sound like they need to get a reality check and realise that the worker's whole day is not ruined because they had to do their job

20.

Text - WebbieVanderquack • 8h • His Holiness the Poop [1045] NTA. I can understand why your daughter was mortified, though. Reply 18 3 ...

21.

Text - HeidiTurnerr• 7h NTA. Also, your daughter needs a class in what constitutes a "Karen". Expecting what you pay for and being treated respectfully (presuming you were respectful to them throughout this interaction), does not qualify you. E Q Reply ...

22.

Text - danielkratos219 • 8h NTA. Being a karen is demanding things you are not entitled to and berating people for not listening to you, you asked to get what you paid for and you did not demand extra pieces, they gave them to you on their own. Although I get your daughter being uncomfortable in this situation but you are not the asshole. Q Reply 1 2 ...

23.

Text - Fleegle2212 • 7h • Certified Proctologist [23] NTA, although in spite of that, your kids will always be mortified when you complain about something, even if your complaint is valid. Reply 1 2 ...

24.

Text - angry_asian_autistic • 5h NTA. They tried to rip you off. Most people will do the socially acceptable thing and not bother to make sure they have the right amount, so they can get away with it usually. Sometimes people need reminding what customers will tolerate. Reply 2 3 •..

25.

Text - AlexTMcgn • 5h • Asshole Enthusiast [7] NTA. A Karen would have complained about one piece not being the exact same color as the other 23. You paid for 24 pieces, you are entitled to 24 pieces. O Q Reply ↑ 2 ...

26.

Text - Unhappy_Bee_8227 • 3h You're absolutely NTA. I worked at KFC for 5 years to put myself through school and I used to miscount things all the time. Even on quiet days, it happens! Customers used to check, we'd say sure go ahead, if wrong we'd sort it out and apologise. If right we'd all just smile and go on with our days. The cashier was TA for arguing, and assuming your daughter's a teen, she's NTA. If she's an adult, maybe a borderline A Reply 2 3 ...

27.

Text - firstlydonofucks • 2h NTA. Sometimes the younger generation (including me) feel way too anxious and think that we should just let things go when we really shouldn't. You're a paying customer and deserve what you paid for, just don't do it in an unnecessarily rude way. Reply 4 2 ...

28.

Text - vPaladin81 • 6h • Asshole Aficionado [11] NTA. I've worked in customer service long enough to know when someone is a Karen or not. Like most of the people in the comments here. You aren't one here. Q Reply Vote +

29.

Text - Aurora_Pixiedust • 4h NTA People don't realize that a Karen is someone who thinks themselves to be entitled to the best and beyond demanding. What you did was nothing of the sorts, although a bit dramatic but I wished I had the confidence to do something like this when I know I'm in the right. Reply 1 Vote 3 ...

30.

Text - ocean_sky_wind • 4h NTA because if you pay for something you should get it. Nothing in here speaks of entitlement, which is what "Karen" means. Reply 1 Vote ...

31.

Text - eve_713 • 4h • Partassipant [1] NTA I regularly order zinger burgers with cheese , that I pay extra for and they almost always forget to add the cheese. Was your daughter going to be the one with less chicken- prob not, it probably would have been you. Also you pay for the food you should get what you ordered! Reply 1 Vote 3 ...

32.

Text - Mama_Mush • 4h NTA-Karens are people who complain without foundation. Being scammed out of food is legitimate. Q Reply 1 vVote ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment