Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Employee Is Stalled for 4 Hours Over "Broken Mouse"


It's okay to not be great with computers. Most of us don't know how to put together a computer. But when it gets to the point that you're calling tech support because you didn't know that a computer has to be turned on? That's when it should be okay to ridicule you and whoever trained you. For a triumphant tale of IT, here's one where a horrible business Karen got booted by an IT employee.

1.

Text - O r/talesfromtechsupport - Posted by u/Vetusexternus 2@2 3 21 hours ago My mouse is broken Medium This is from years ago but is still a favorite. I used to work for the west coast branch of an east coast company. I was the only tech support in my office and I started work at 9. The east coast tech support handled tickets from my office that came in from 5 to 9 am. Our business was based around a bunch of complex databases and every single employee did their job on a computer.

2.

Text - One morning, I get into the office with multiple tickets from a user and multiple supervisors about a user's mouse being broken. This issue was discovered at 5 and was apparently preventing a bunch of critical work from being done. Because it had gone unresolved for 4 hours, my supervisor was also looped in and he had emailed me multiple times demanding to know why the issue hadn't been resolved (he knew damn well that I wasn't in the office until 9). First fire I saw was with my supervis

3.

Text - Half an hour into the workday, I'm upstairs with a replacement mouse to find the original user staring blankly at a dark screen. She called the support line at 5 am and 4.5 hours later, she's just sitting there, staring into the void. To this day I wonder if that is how she spent the entire morning. Anyway, I ask about her mouse and she startles to her senses, shakes her mouse angrily, and glares at me without saying a word. Her PC is on the desk, at eye level, all lights off. I'm confuse

4.

Text - TheMinimazer 552 points · 18 hours ago "Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" "Yeah, no. You need to turn it on first." "Just push the button. Do you know what a button is? No, not the ones on your shirt."

5.

Text - WhiteyDude 218 points · 19 hours ago That's, wow. Didn't know to turn it on, that's monitor-is-the-computer level.

6.

Text - Jeheh 127 points · 18 hours ago To me the bigger question is what happened to the person that sat in front of a turned off computer for 4.5 hours complaining it didn't work? Vetusexternus 146 points · 17 hours ago • edited 9 hours ago You know the answer to that question and it should make you just as angry as it made me Edit: the answer is I got called out for making the user feel bad and she was apologised to on my behalf Edit: my supervisor apologized on my behalf

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment