Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Woman's Brother Dumps Girlfriend For Being Gold Digger


The whole "test" thing sounds wildly dysfunctional, my dude. This woman asked the people of Reddit whether or not her brother was in the wrong for dumping his girlfriend for being a "gold digger." Most of the comments seem to point at the fact that the brother clearly had some other issues going on. 

1.

Text - Aita for telling my brother he got exactly what he deserved when he pushed his girlfriend away for being a "gold digger"? Not the A-hole My brother is a very hardworking man and at 27 he is now very wealthy and doing well for himself. He's been with this girl for six months and throughout the time we have gotten close because we both like hair, makeup, and shopping. I never knew there was anything wrong with their relationship except when she texted me last week I saying she would love to

2.

Text - I was shocked so I had to hear my brothers perspective. We spoke and he told me everything she said was true and that there's nothing wrong with making sure his girlfriend is with him for the right reasons. He said he left his bank statements on the bed and was peeking through the door to see if she would be curious and when he saw her pick up the papers he knew in his gut she was using him for his money, so he set up the restaurant idea to see if she would get upset at paying a 500$ bill

3.

Text - He confronted her and said he thinks she's with him for his money so she said let me do us both a favor and dumped him and blocked him. He's upset about the "gold digging bitch" and when I laughed he called me an asshole. He said I would never understand what's it's like being a rich man and being used and I get that concern, but I told him if he thinks any woman will be okay with his tests and auditions he's delusional as hell. If he doesn't want to be used for his money he should start

4.

Text - 3 Awards Your brothers tests are flawed. 1. Leaving out his bank statements on their bed and getting upset when she picked it up Papers on the bed, hmmm, let me glance at them to see if it's relevant to me & if not, put them out of the way. 2. Going out to eat at high end restaurants he requested and leaving his wallet on home at purpose to make her pay the bill and prove she's not going out with him for money If he wanted her to buy dinner, go somewhere she can afford. No teacher I know

5.

Text - ladyk1487 • 22h I could be a millionaire and l'd still be pissed if I had to pay $500 for dinner. He's s very delusional for thinking people would be okay with those test. I feel like nothing she could've done would've stopped his thoughts of her. NTA Reply 1 2.7k ...

6.

Text - yourlittlebirdie • 23h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [39] 2 Awards VOTE NTA. He sounds awful. I can't imagine why any woman would want to be with him with that terrible personality. "I'm going to treat women I date like garbage, and if they break up with me, I'll know it was because they only wanted my money." What? Reply 4.0k ...

7.

Text - KyonaAidoneus • 22h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] 2 Awards NTA, it kinda sounds like HE'S a gold digger tbh. "Testing her" would be taking her out to eat and getting separate tabs, not making her pay for everything. And leaving his bank statements on the bed and getting pissy that she looks? HELLO; EVERYONE LOOKS AT PAPERS JUST LEFT ON THEIR BED. Heck, all of her reactions are NORMAL and he's just acting like a brat. Reply 6.3k ...

8.

Text - Speedywins • 22h NTA. She isn't a gold digger she's a nice person. Your brother needs to go to therapy for his paranoia Reply 423 ...

9.

Text - Veritas_man • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] O 4 Awards NTA. Sounds like you told your brother the truth. He sounds immature and testing a partner never turns out well. Reply 32.0k ...

10.

Text - JOsey_W4les_23 • 23h • Asshole Aficionado [16] NTA - Something tells me that if your brother is driving a car with rims, he's not as rich as he thinks he is. Regardless, dude has a terrible relationship with the money he does have and apparently a pretty low opinion of himself and what he has to offer. It'd be sad if he wasn't such an asshole. Reply 620 ...

11.

Text - Cevanne46 • 22h • Partassipant [3] NTA. The sad thing is the only women who will put up with being treated this way will be playing the long game to get his money. Because someone after a loving, equal long term relationship will want to be treated with respect. Reply 171

12.

Text - WayiiTM • 22h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] NTA. Your brother sounds like a miserly mess of a man. He got what he deserves and no woman with any self respect is going to suffer that sort of treatment for very long. You may want to inform your brother that if this is how he sees women and thinks it's appropriate to treat them that way that money is all he actually has to offer so he should either straighten himself out, get good with being alone or learn to love him some gold diggers because th

13.

Text - HellblazerHawk • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [9] NTA. I sort of get the desire to see if she was just using him, but his way about doing so would piss off anyone. Like not even getting her flowers or something in 6 months? Reply 877 ...

14.

Text - Stw_Reylla • 22h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] NTA You know the type of women who WILL put up with his bullshit tests? The ones who are willing to do whatever it takes because they only care about his money. They won't care about being treated like that if they think they'll get what they want in the end. Your brother needs to get his head out of his ass. Reply 37 ...

15.

Text - DrFluffpants • 22h NTA. Your brother has no idea how gold diggers work. Reply 26 ...

16.

Text - Vormittags • 22h NTA. Interestingly the only guys I've known who pulled this kind of nonsense were never as wealthy as they thought they were. Reply 22 ...

17.

Text - thedaybefore1 • 22h Nta. Lol those test are so stupid and prove nothing. 1. If I saw papers on my bed, I'm gonna look at them and see what they are. 2. If I was invited to a restaurant that I don't want to go to and was told they'd pay for it and last moment made me pay for it, I would be pissed too. Especially being a teacher and having to pay $500, for a dinner I didn't want. 3. Giving gifts are a common thing in relationships, they don't have to be expensive. He had no problem acceptin

18.

Text - Warghul • 22h NTA. It's ironic, true irony, that your brother's toxic approach to relationships is going to assure that the only woman he ends up with is the type of gold-digging trash that will play along and put up with his shit just to get at his money. Reply 13 ...

19.

Text - 25in2018 • 22h NTA. Honestly, these "tests" seem more like an excuse to be stingy. Also, refusing to get her presents to the point where she has never received anything at all from him??? l'm surprised so many of the comments focus on the other things. Yes, getting stiffed on a 500$ dinner bill sucks, but the whole never receiving anything actually hurt me more. Gifts don't have to be expensive, so this is just him being egotistical. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment