Sunday, November 15, 2020

Cheap Musician Claims Artist's $35/HR Rate Is Robbery


Man, this musician was horrendously entitled from the very start. After being told by the designer they'd reached out to that the rate was fixed at a firm $35/hr, they proceeded to lash back out with pure rudeness. Some entitled people in this world just refuse to accept the rejections they're rightfully dealt. For another case of a ridiculous choosing beggar, check out this choosing beggar that claimed a knife had the "wrong energy" about it, and wanted to return it.

1.

Text - Неу I saw you're back on the scene again My band and I are heading up to a big release and my label said they're gonna handle all the promotional side of things 10:14 PM but I want you to design us a few album covers, we choose which one we like and then we'll get our label to cover the costs 10:28 PM Thanks for reaching out, l'd love to help you out with that! I don't have any projects at the moment so l'd be able to get it done pretty fast.

2.

Text - If you share some more creative details so that I have more of an idea of what you're looking for I could get started on concept art tonight. 10:31 PM / m.youtube.com/watch? V=Z here's a snipped of one of our songs just to get the general vibe of it the albums called btw 10:36 PM it's basically deep house with edm elements if you can sort that out 10:38 PM

3.

Text - I had a listen and I think I have a good idea of where I wanna go with it, I've got a few ideas that I wanna pursue but first I gotta talk pricing for a large scale project (which i'm assuming it is) like this, I charge a €10 deposit fee on top of my other service charges, for a project like this I can give you the option of paying me by the hour (€35) or paying me a fixed amount in advance. 10:52 PM /

4.

Text - Ok... I mean 35 euros is pretty expensive, it runs out to be something like 40 dollars. Not to mention the extra 10 on top of that, can we go lower? 10:54 PM I know our label is paying for it but I don't wanna rob them lol 10:57 PM I understand, I try to work efficiently so as to not have huge time delays or cost overruns, I can try to limit the amount of time I spend on it if you'd prefer (maybe giving fewer album covers to choose from for example).

5.

Text - But my hourly rate is firm. Listen, I don't appreciate being treated like complete dirt over here, my band didn't work tirelessly on our new album for the past 9 months to have it disrespected by some stuck up soy boy So are you gonna offer me the same service for a reduced rate or am I gonna have to go give this project to some Indian on fiverr? 11:03 PM You can take your project wherever you want, I'll take this to r/choosingbeggars 11:06 PM /

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment