Sunday, November 29, 2020

Auction Winner Won't Pay, Learns Their Lesson


Man, what compels a person to go through all the trouble to win a dang auction and then refuse to pay up? Just not cool, man. Well, this auction winner ended up learning their lesson the hard way. Well played on the part of the person who went ahead and won all those other auctions. A nice mix of petty and pro revenge if we do say so ourselves!

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Ryan_is_my_real_name • 2y 1 Win my auction and not pay? Oh trust me, you're going to pay! TL;DR: at bottom I make art as a hobby. Metal sculptures. I only sell them when I need a bit of money for something. I had a holiday coming up so listed one here on TradeMe (an auction site) for a $1 reserve. The auction lasted 10 days and the piece got quite a bit of interest in that time with lots of people adding it to their watchlist and bidding on it.

2.

Text - It ended up selling for a bit over $500. Perfect. I contacted the winner with my bank details and ask for their delivery address. No reply. Email again. Nothing. I look into his profile a bit and sure enough he doesn't follow through on half things he buys. Fair few grumpy feedbacks from other sellers. He's a complete Time Waster (TW). Hmmm l'm a bit pissed. I've already had to pay a listing fee, advertising fees and $40 success fee (I'll eventually get this back but still annoying) and b

3.

Text - About a year later, after l'd forgotten all about it, I get a bunch of emails from Trademe telling me TW has new listings. Seems TW is packing up shop and moving to Australia. Seems everything has got to go mate. Ironically, his listing states that everything must be picked up by end of August as I'm moving to Australia, NO TIME WASTERS. He's got listings for a car, motorcycle, tools, a welder, some furniture, rims and a bunch of other stuff. I give his feedback another quick look to see

4.

Text - Over the following week I research what a good price would be for everything he lists. I share all his listings with my friends and get them to add his listing to their watchlist so he thinks they are popular. Insruct them to go into a bidding war with me on each item up to a certain amount but no further. I win all of his auctions using a bunch of false accounts. Lucky guy gets top dollar for everything. I reply all the auction winning email confirmations from the various accounts arrang

5.

Text - On the day at arrange to pick up the car (it had been agreed previously that he could continue to use his car up until two days before leaving for Australia because I'm a nice guy like that) I text him that I'm on my way, see you at 1. I was late of course. 'nearly there mate see you soon' half an hour later '5 minutes away' 20 minutes later 'l'm here where are ya?' Ignore the text messages and waited for the call. TW: Where are ya Me: Annoying isn't it TW: What? Me: Annoying isn't it Tw:

6.

Text - Over the next few hours I called him as the welder buyer 'Annoying isn't it', the motorbike buyer 'Annoying isn't it', outdoor furniture buyer 'Annoying isn't it' ... all of them. To top it off I gave him positive feedback on everything I bought saying he was a 'Top Trader A+++, easy pick up, good communication". In the coming weeks I was contacted by Trademe regarding his dispute (he was wanting to get the success fees back, over $500 altogether l'd guess) I responded to each of those wi

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment