Monday, October 5, 2020

Things That Got Way Harder With Age


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the things that people could do as kids that became way harder when they got older. It's funny how that works. Time does its thing, and all of a sudden, doing stuff like playing around on the dang monkey bars or screaming just cause you feel like it are completely ridiculous things to do as an adult. Getting older kind of sucks. 

1.

Text - Rockettokojiro• 1d 3 Awards the monkey bars Reply 1 4.3k ...

2.

Text - seriouslycoolname • 1d 2 Awards Fall down, yes. Bounce right back up, no. Thanks for the silver! Reply 2.3k ...

3.

Text - abeast0333 • 1d 4 Awards Make friends Reply 2.8k ...

4.

White - Vaiara • 23h Sleep well Reply 439 ...

5.

White - Dhepburn634 • 1d 2 Awards Be truly happy Reply 410

6.

Text - kevnmartin • 1d Run. I dream about running. I would give anything to be able to really run. Reply 182 ...

7.

Text - long_distance_life • 1d Scream without people wondering if I had a psychotic break or a crime was occuring. Reply 1.8k ...

8.

Text - Zedfourkay • 1d Bend down and touch my toes. I exercise regularly but still can't manage to do something I could do with ease when I was a kid. Reply 175 ...

9.

Text - CrazyScientist34 • 23h Spin around endlessly and not get dizzy. 2 spins will do the trick now & 5 will put me on the floor. Reply 227

10.

Text - MrsBuckley • 1d S 1 Award Cartwheels. l'd break my neck lol Reply 1.6k ...

11.

Text - HawaiianShirtsOR • 1d 3 2 Awards Watch TV or play video games for hours every day without feeling guilty that I'm neglecting something more important like work, chores, or exercise. Reply 743 ...

12.

Text - Blankly-Staring • 1d I used to be way more flexible. I'm literally only 20 and workout every day, and l'm still feeling stiff as a board. This getting older thing sucks absolute donkey balls. I want a refund. Reply 222 ...

13.

Text - KipsyCakes • 1d Eat a ton of food without dealing with acid reflux Reply 1.1k ...

14.

Text - ChaoticFirefly • 1d Lay on my belly and touch my back of the head with my feet without using my hands.

15.

Text - Ididntexistyesterday • 1d Ride a bicycle tbh. They say you never forget, but you can get very, very rusty... or fat Reply 449 ...

16.

Text - badninj4 • 1d Not be overwhelmed by existential dread or fear of the future. Reply 238 ...

17.

Text - BeastieBoy252• 23h I could do that zen-pose with both feet on top of my legs, and then RUN around on my hands. Boy I was talented Reply 42 ...

18.

Text - Renorico 20h Sitting with my legs crossed Get up from a chair and immediately run Touch my toes Sleep more than 5 straight hours Write legibly Reply 1 31 +

19.

White - BamboozleBird • 1d Fit into tight spaces Reply 36 ...

20.

Text - IntrovertedAsexual • 20h Walk into an elementary school without getting strange looks. Source: Went to a job interview last year and every single person that I encountered was immediately on guard. On one hand, it's good that they're protective of the students. It still felt pretty weird though. Reply

21.

Text - Michael70z • 1d 1 Award I could do this like goose honk. Can't describe it exactly, but by pushing all the air out at once I could make that noise. Now l'd be sitting there wheezing if I tried. Reply 944 ...

22.

Text - Flambam35 • 1d S 1 Award The splits. I used to jump into the splits. I think something in my leg is fucked up now because of it. I was reckless back then Reply 356 ...

23.

Text - itsthewendigo • 23h Play crash bandicoot flawlessly. I have no idea how I was that good at the game as a kid. I can't even get to the second island on the remake of the first game now. Reply 66 ...

24.

Text - Altruistic_Pumpkin • 22h Roller skating. Used to be pretty good as a kid then didn't do it most of my teen years. I tried again in college and ate pavement. Reply 12 ...

25.

Text - Spankmewithataco • 23h 1 Award Do nothing. If I don't do some kind of chore, I feel like the day was absolutely wasted. So I spend my days off working around the house to keep from feeling guilty. Then complain I never get a day where I can do nothing. Reply 1.5k

26.

Text - Dendad1218 • 1d 2 Awards Snowboard, l'm a paraplegic. Reply 1 586 ...

27.

Text - a_random_person_me • 1d Not care what others think about me Also, happy cake day! :) Reply 286 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment