Monday, October 5, 2020

Employee Gets Manager Promotion, Manager Proceeds To Quit


Now that's how you use the system against a maniacal outright toxic manager. Mike didn't know what to do. Beautiful work, really. There's also a tremendous amount of patience at play in this scenario. Sometimes you've got to wait it out to execute the perfect pro revenge. Check out another glorious tale of pro revenge with this scummy collection agency that messed with a guy's credit score.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/locusness • 208d + Join The time I got my manager a promotion so he quit I am going to have to be a little vague on some details to protect myself here so I can't discuss the type of business etc so its going to be a struggle. This is a lot of background to explain the kind of situation that developed over a decade, a place that was once truly fun to work at and easy to earn a bit of extra overtime became a dog eat dog struggle to survive, the low level peons like me were s

2.

Text - We were in a specific area of the business that was isolated and slowly being replaced by technology, so from over a thousand in our building it dropped to just around 250 when I left. Most of this was done through voluntary redundancy but the mangers were given incentive to fire as many as possible to save money on VR, and since manager jobs were also slowly being cut they were desperate to fire as many as possible but most were incapable of following procedure. Mike was that intelligent

3.

Text - A certain quantity of work at a certain level of quality was required, which everyone met. Yet they had a bottom and top 10 list and if you were on the bottom 10 list your job was on the line regardless if you met the basic requirements. Since there was always a bottom 10 by definition, there were always 10 people on the firing line. This might be vague but it has to be. Mike's team was a sort of clearing house for the bottom 10, we were shifted between shifts and teams for various reason

4.

Text - In short Mike was the executioner of the workforce, the most vulnerable to being fired were shifted around to his team so he could succeed where the others had failed. Sooner or later my time came, my health caused a series of absences while I had hospitalizations and Mike pounced into action. In the space of a year he made 7 attempts to fire me and each time I involved HR who stepped in and protected me. I approached HR to make a case that what was happening was wrong, not just to me but

5.

Text - I was told that there was nothing they could do, Mike was untouchable and had the full support of the upper management in our building because he was saving a lot of money in voluntary redundancy payouts by firing the vulnerable. Legally there might be a case but it would have to go through a court system and not through HR unless I had an example of him being hostile and abusive. The person I spoke to was very sympathetic and he suggested I look into some things related opportunities tha

6.

Text - It didn't occur to me instantly but weeks later as I sat at work listening to Mike talk about his family it clicked into place and my plan began to take form. Instead of making a complaint I gave a glowing review and had several others do the same. If we couldn't get the man fired for his actions, we could get him promoted into a job that he couldn't take. The managers in our area were not even being considered for transfers because they lacked the training and qualifications to be manage

7.

Text - Then we sat back and waited, a few months went by with nothing happening and I thought the attempt had failed but then we came in to Mike losing his mind, he was shouting at the shift manager (his boss) about how he wasn't being given a choice. Turns out the higher management had gotten our reviews, looked into his record and decided he was a perfect fit for the roaming manager position and since they were in the process of getting rid of managers in our area they insisted that Mike be pu

8.

Text - Mike had of course tried to refuse the promotion as was his right, but the higher management had made it a choice of accept the promotion or be demoted back to peon. Mike had a family and couldn't just uproot them whenever the company needed him elsewhere, and a demotion with a pay cut back into the workforce of people who despised him and that were slowly being culled was just as bad. So he asked for voluntary redundancy instead, and was accepted. His last day he went berserk shouting an

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment