Friday, October 2, 2020

Student Wins Art Contest to Spite Rude Art Teacher


Sometimes teachers misjudge their students, like this teacher who underestimated their students during a social experiment. Other times, the powers that be can be mistaken and disrespectful, like this staff who made a student wait to report a fire. In this case, it was an art teacher who was soundly put in their place after handing down some harsh criticism. Art is subjective, anyway.

1.

Text - O r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/ADrunkenScott 2 days ago My teacher called my work bad and my attitude even worse, it then got featured in the biggest art gallery in the country. oC L I might not be in the right sub, my art teacher said i wasn't good enough so i worked my damn hardest to prove him wrong is the summary. Context: The school i go to is well respected in my country, so it was not uncommon for venues to request to display a students work or to ask for students to sing li

2.

Cheezburger Image 9558492160

3.

Text - We had just finished a project where we had to mix different pigments to create our own unique colour. Being colour blind i struggled a lot as i literally could not differentiate between half of the pigments. I gave it my all but ended up giving up half way through the project. My teacher hated me for giving up. in his defense he had tried to make it as easy as possible for me, but i hated the subject and saw a way out so i took it. My teacher was beyond mad. When we went to hand the proj

4.

Text - Once that project was finished, my teacher told us that gallery X has asked that we create some 'inspired art'. We were basically shown 5 different paintings that we were supposed to recreate in our own way. There was a big fuss about this. People were saying that art schools would be giving out scholarships, that there was a $10,000 reward and other nonsense that 14 year olds make up. But never the less everyone wanted to be the one have their painting in gallery X. So for the next month

5.

Text - I drag myself to each lesson, quietly working my self to the bone, counting down the days until the deadline of the project. After what seemed like a year to 14yo me, the second last lesson arrives. This lesson was not for final touches or anything like that. My teacher had decided that he should review what each student has done well and where they could have improved. He walks round the classroom, complementing everyone's work, until he gets to mine. I don't remember exactly what he sai

6.

Text - The last lesson finally comes and i cant wait to be over with this stupid project. This lesson was the big one too, the judges from gallery X were coming to school to judge all of the work. They come into our class, do all the formalities, 'These all look so good! i have no idea how we can decide on only one!' ect... Then they start walking around the room muttering to each other. The whole class is stood silently at the back trying to hear what they are saying. They do a full lap of the

7.

Text - I look on at them in shock, then yet again smile politely and say thank you. i cannot begin to describe the look on my teachers face. I don't think i have ever seen someone more confused, angry and disappointed all at the same time. My teacher then begrudgingly thanks the judges and walks them to the door. He thanks them again as they leave then stumbles back to the class. He doesn't even congratulate me on my work he just defeatedly says, 'Good work everyone. as a reward ill put on a doc

Submitted by:

Tagged: school , art , spite , teacher , lol , story , funny , win

No comments:

Post a Comment