Friday, October 2, 2020

Craziest Things Deep Sleepers Slept Through


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the craziest things that people have slept through. Many of us have known (or are that person ourselves) someone who has an uncanny knack for being able to drift off to the dreamland, and remain there, through moments of absolute chaos. Could be sleeping through multiple fire alarms, or maybe something like remaining unstirred when a literal lightning bolt strikes the airplane. 

1.

Text - OakNogg • 23h I have slept through our fire alarm numerous times and a tree falling into our house. Reply 1.9k

2.

Text - PM_Me_UrRightNipple • 23h I once slept through a tornado that happened about mile from my hotel. My girlfriend woke me up at about 2am saying how scared she was of the storm and that the power went out and she was worried. I told her while half awake to "leave me alone l'll deal with it in the morning" and that "it's just thunder I don't know why you are freaking out" she was fuming at me when I woke up the next morning and found out that a tornado destroyed a high school not to far away.

3.

Text - HoopOnPoop • 22h Not me, but a friend. He fell took a nap in his seat at a rock concert. He first dozed off while Him was playing and slept all the way through Taking Back Sunday. He was stone cold sober, just tired apparently. Reply 1 470 ...

4.

Text - hey_tenor • 21h I once fell asleep at a Metallica concert in the middle of the show. Not a heavy sleeper, just exhausted. Now I wake up if the stars twinkle too loud. Reply 512 ...

5.

Text - whatsamajig • 23h Visiting an aunt when I was younger. I was taking a quick nap on her couch. While I was asleep a power line went down across her front yard. Literally 30 ft outside the window I was sleeping next to. Multiple fire trucks. Fire men coming through the house to make sure everything was ok inside. Sirens alarms fire hoses, the works. I woke up after everything was over. Confused why the carpet was dirty and the yard burnt up. | Reply 1.3k ...

6.

Text - Manatee_Soup • 23h Slept through a fire drill at college once when I was really hungover. Reply 329 ...

7.

Text - stockpile548 • 1d Growing up we had an indoor cat. Occasionally we would let him out in the summer but usually not for too long. One day we forgot him outside. Around 2am he was crying at the door to be let in. My brother and parents heard it but were mostly still asleep. Soon another cat showed up and the two started fighting on our door step. If you were not aware, cats get very loud when they fight. My brother , who was in high school at the time, jumped out of bed shouting "it's kitty

8.

Text - kadooks • 23h Boyfriend slept through thunder so loud it set off several car alarms in the parking garage right outside the window Reply 395 ...

9.

Text - lauralei99 • 21h 1 Award When I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, I woke up at midnight to the popping sound of my water breaking. I got up and went to the bathroom and confirmed that my water had in fact broken. Got a towel and went back to bed. Woke up at 5:30 in the morning with some big contractions and figured I better get to the hospital. Went to the hospital dilated to 9 and baby was born 20 minutes later. So labor. I slept through my labor and transition. Highly recommended. Reply 2.

10.

Text - lardstick • 18h I missed a whole-ass Saturday once in high school. I just got back from a band field trip where I didn't sleep much for 4 or 5 days and I got home from the airport at about 3a.m. on Friday and I passed out. I woke up and saw my clock said 6I looked out the window and I thought that the sun was coming up so I went back to sleep, I woke up a few hours later at 8 and it was dark outside, I was confused cuz it should be bright at 8 am. I came out and my mom was making breakfas

11.

Text - wampusboy • 21h I was about 12 at the time, camping with the family, and I woke up one morning with this large painful swelling bump that was obviously some kind of insect bite, but very obviously not a mosquito bite (I had plenty of those already at that point in the trip). My parents checked my tent, and found a TARANTULA with dozens of little babies on it. Reply 118 ...

12.

Text - Well I'm probably too late for anyone to see this comment, but here's my story anyway. Was on a safari camping trip in Namibia with my dad and his wife. I'm actually not usually a heavy sleeper but we were at a campsite that had a bar (hell yes) and l'd had a bit to drink. It was a long day and I was tired and a little drunk so I went back to my tent early. When I woke up the next morning, both my dad and our guide started asking me if I was okay and telling me how brave I was. I'm sittin

13.

Text - Nutesatchel • 23h I slept through Hurricane Opal when I was a teenager. Several trees fell In the yard and throughout the neighborhood. My mom and brother staid up all night freaking out while I slept like a rock. Reply 59 ...

14.

Text - SamTheArse • 22h Massive thunderstorm. Apparently lightning struck 200 feet from the house and sounded like a bomb went off. Woke up as if nothing happened. Reply

15.

Text - DeepFriedTeenagers • 1d A 6.8 mag. Earthquake while I was living near the bay area where it hit... Everyone else woke up because of the heavy rumbling but I staying asleep, meanwhile I would wake up to someone walking in the hallway in the morning with my door shut... Reply 751 ...

16.

Text - lacitar • 20h I fell asleep in my dorm room while in college. I lived alone. They had a fire drill at like 3AM. The fire fighters came, opened each room and checked on us. The fire alarm did not wake me up. They tried to shake me awake. Nothing. So they called an ambulance. Do those guys got a stretcher, loaded me up onto it and started taking me down three flights of stairs. Once we were on the fourth flight of steps I woke up and tried to jump off the stretcher. Because...well I thought

17.

Text - Harley_Atom • 22h I once slept through the process of my grandmother calling 911 for my grandfather, the ambulance coming to our house with sirens blaring, the process of getting him loaded into the ambulance and leaving. I woke up the next morning like "Where did gramps go?" I didn't even know why he had to be taken to the hospital. I think it was a broken hip. Reply 218 ...

18.

Text - elbenes78 • 23h Fell asleep next to a speaker at a party. No alcohol involved. Reply 125 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment