Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Entitled Coworker Learns Lesson On Christmas Day


Jane was playing with fire. She thought she'd just go on and on, not helping out her teammates, and instead proactively making their work situations genuinely unpleasant environments. Just picturing the mystified look of pure confused, terror on Jane's face when this employee dipped out on Christmas Day is enough to put a smile on your face. Sounds like the manager wasn't doing anything to help the situation either, so it's not terrible he had to show up to address the meltdown on Christmas Day. 

Check out some more juicy revenge drama with this property manager who was terrible, and ended up getting canned.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/MorganLeFatal • 2y + Join Merry Christmas! I quit. Quite a few years ago, I moved into a house with a few of my best friends. One of my friends got me a job with her at the local gas station within walking distance of our house and I thought I was pretty set with my new arrangement - living with my best friends, able to walk to work and a job that should have been one of the easiest positions I've ever held... That is, until I met my coworker - Jane. I worked nights. We did

2.

Text - gas pumps, sweep up the parking lot, and stock the beverages which entailed going into the walk in fridge and stocking it from inside the cooler (which could take 2 hours or more at times). There was always 2 people scheduled on night shift, most of my coworkers and I would split the work and one person would don their coat and gloves and go stock the cooler for a few hours and the other person would keep coffee made and sweep up the store and stop and ring up the occasional customer and

3.

Text - Not Jane. Jane would usually hang out in the back in the manager's office for hours or stand behind the registers "doing inventory of the cigarettes" and make the other employees unfortunate enough to be scheduled with her do all of the tasks that needed to be completed in and out of the store and have to stop and run to the register to ring people up even when she was standing right there "counting the cigarettes" and couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge the customers.

4.

Text - When people called off, it was standard to call the other employees and see if someone could come in and take the shift. Most people would give a legit reason why they couldn't when they declined - i.e. No sitter, family plans, etc. Not Jane. Jane would just answer with a flat no when she was called and would then hang up. My best friend came to me a few months into working at the place and told me that our manager told her that Jane said that I don't do anything during my shifts with her

5.

Text - Jane fancied herself the second in command in our store under the manager. Now, mind you, we didn't have an assistant manager with that gas station chain. There was only a manager and there were supposed to be a few shift leads who really didn't have any power, just a few additional tasks to complete during the shifts where they were scheduled as a lead - inventory, ordering stock, etc. Jane was not ACTUALLY a shift lead but she was able to do most of the tasks of the shift lead and acted

6.

Text - The best part of this "improvement" was that she would harp on my coworkers about it while NEVER stepping foot in the cooler herself to do anything that I saw in the entire time that I worked with her. Another of her "improvements" was that everyone had to attend a weekly mandatory team meeting because she read somewhere in one of her training books that it's supposedly policy - even though none of us, including the manager, had heard of this before she brought it up. These team meetings

7.

Text - I came to work my shift at the gas station after receiving a call earlier in the day saying that I had passed my background check and employment verification and was offered the job that I had been seeking. I asked my shift lead how to put in my 2 Week's Notice and she smiled and asked who I would be working with on my last day? Jane. She asked if I already officially had the job and I confirmed that I did and that all of my background checks were complete. She then asked me if it really

8.

Text - My last day was Christmas. I was scheduled as a split shift. From 7-10pm, I was scheduled with my best friend. My best friend was scheduled to get off at 10pm and Jane was to come in and work her normal night shift from 10pm-6am. I came in at 7 and worked as I normally would and had a fun time clowning with my best friend when we had a rare moment of downtown - being Christmas Day, there wasn't really anything else around that was open so we were swamped as a result. My best friend left a

9.

Text - My best friend filled me in on what happened when I left. She went through the phone list calling everyone to see if they could come in to work my shift. Every single person just gave a simple No and hung up on her. She was left to run the store on her own for quite some time before the manager showed up to assist her. The next team meeting that she had after I left, she could not find her clipboard and had a melt down fit in front of all of the other employees as they all stood there loo

10.

Text - Now, before you start feeling sorry for my manager having to lose time with his people on Christmas Day to clean up the mess from my revenge- Keep in mind that he has access to video recordings of every inch of the store and outside grounds and could easily verify how much work I was doing during my shifts before he felt the need to insult my work ethic to my best friend based solely on the lie of one person. I'm actually GLAD that he was caught up in my wonderful revenge, truth be told,

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment