Friday, September 11, 2020

Twitter Thread: Being a Suited 5-Year-Old at a Cabaret Club


So you're in France and you've been invited to hang out at a cabaret club. What do you do with your 5-year-old who can't get into that cabaret club? Among the many answers any of us would probably think of, it's likely most of us wouldn't think to turn it into a marketing opportunity.

1.

Text - Anton Oxenuk @antonoxenuk When I was about 5 years old my parents were in Paris with me and were invited to visit Lido de Paris, a cabaret club. My parents had no ideas of where to leave me or with whom so they just dressed me up in a suit and took me with them. 1/5 #storytime 1:46 PM - Sep 10, 2020 · Twitter Web App

2.

Text - Anton Oxenuk @antonoxenuk - th Replying to @antonoxenuk Arriving at Lido, my dad was obviously stopped because you can't let a child in an 18+ cabaret club. However since my dad was invited and he didn't want to be rude they did call the director/manager/owner (?) of the club at the time to come and see what can be done. 2/5 1 4 Anton Oxenuk @antonoxenuk · 1h After examining the 5 year old me the manager agreed to let my parents and me in on one condition: they would use me as a funny lit

3.

Text - Anton Oxenuk @antonoxenuk If you ever find that photo let me know because my family lost all copies of it a while ago. However here's a photo of me dressed up from that Paris trip as a child for context on maybe why the owner thought it would be cute to have me be in a photo with some dancers. 5/5 1:46 PM - Sep 10, 2020 · Twitter Web App

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment