Monday, September 14, 2020

Jerk Company Overworks And Underpays Female Employee, She Gets Last Laugh


Companies that put their employees through the ringer, overworking them while underpaying them, are the worst. It could be a toxic manifestation of higher-ups being so far removed from the inner-workings of the business itself that they have no appreciation for all the hard work that goes into the system, to keep it functioning. Or, maybe it's a willful blind ignorance. Either way, we love nothing more than seeing an employee fight back against a company that wronged them (and other coworkers). This woman's revenge was the definition of professional. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/EngrChik127 • 3h Disrespected, overworked and underpaid female employee gets the last laugh I have always been a hard worker thanks to my parents' work ethic and raising 3 kids on a shoestring budget. My dad took every bit of overtime he could get, missing holidays and never using vacation or sick time so my mom could stay home with us kids and have a hot meal on the table every night. When we were school aged, my mom went back to school and got a job where she could

2.

Text - So it was natural for me, the oldest of 3, to apply for jobs as soon as I turned 15, landing a retail position where I worked every hour allowed by my work permit. I saved up enough to buy a used car before I was even old enough to drive, and once I got my driver's license I worked 2 or 3 jobs at a time to save for college. I got a summer internship at my dad's company that led to me working my way up through the industry toward an engineering position, which I was already studying in col

3.

Text - As a salaried Jerks Inc. employee I was not paid overtime, but still worked a minimum of 60 hours a week, and often 80-100 hours a week when I worked at remote job sites all over the U.S., which was about 80% of the time. These jobs had me busting ass outside all day in the scorching summers of the southern U.S. to the frigid winters of the northern states. My manager at the time strictly enforced the policy of only 1 paid comp day after any given trip, even if l'd worked 2 consecutive 10

4.

Text - One day I was called into my manager's office and reprimanded for frequently using the company phone, designated for business use only, in the middle of the night. I pointed out every one of those calls on the phone bill were from our customers needing emergency technical support. He had no idea my job required 24/7 on-call response. After 5 years, I had a small team under me who put in the same grueling hours and enjoyed the same $500 "bonus" each year. I was repeatedly denied requests t

5.

Text - After a couple months, former clients started calling asking me to work on some big projects. When I told them they would need to call Jerks Inc., they said they already had and my entire team had quit shortly after I did, leaving no one there capable of doing the work they needed. I decided to start a side business intending to work a couple weeks per quarter, but when word got out I was back in the industry, it quickly became more than a full time gig. My old team had also refused to si

6.

Text - When my team and I walked into Jerks Inc.'s conference room for the first project meeting, the managers stared down at the table. I couldn't hide my huge smile as I handed out our rate sheet which was around 10 times more than they had paid us as employees. TL;DR: I quit working for a company where I was disrespected, grossly overworked and underpaid, and the company had to begrudgingly contract my newly created multimillion dollar company with all of their ex- employees, for the same wor

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment