Thursday, September 3, 2020

Guy Accidentally Ends Up On Retail's Most Wanted List


So, apparently these are the kind of tight situations that people can land themselves in when they have twins. Fun stuff. 

1.

Text - r/tifu u/isaacturon14• 12h + Join TIFU by accidentally getting on a retail chain's most wanted list M Funniest story ever. So my twin brother works at a retail chain and gets very good discounts. He's allowed to re it with friends and family (but I found out the hard way he has to be present). At the store my brother works at all employees need in order get their discount is their employee ID, so he shared his with me and told me l'd be free to use it.

2.

Text - Later I go to a separate store from the same chain my brother works at and I tell the employee I want to use the "workers discount". She asked which location I work at and I replied with the location my BROTHER works at since that's the location that's getting me the discount, but I immediately realized "Oh shit, I just told her I actually work at retail chain". I told myself whatever, there's no need to correct my mistake since we both get the same discount and I just need to show her th

3.

Text - During the small talk while the employee was scanning the items she asked me a few simple questions about the location that I supposedly worked at and I responded to all of them as if were my brother, not thinking it'd be big deal, but now fully committing to the lie. When it was time to pay I showed her the employee ID expecting for that to be enough but then she asked to see my "Dayforce". I gave a little side glanced and then nervously asked her, "What's a Dayforce". She told me it's t

4.

Text - She then got her manager to come and try to figure out other ways to verify me and this is when things started to really get out of hand. I could see security slowly creeping a little closer as he continued to hammer me with questions that any employee should have the answer to but I didn't and it became increasingly obvious that l've never worked a day for the chain in my life, but l'd already committed so hard to being my brother that I felt like I couldn't back out now. |

5.

Text - I told them it was fine and l'll just pay the full price because at this point l'd realized I fucked up and honestly I just wanted to get the hell out of there. After I paid she asked me for my name as part of my receipt (my brother says they do this to everyone), but I started to get really nervous seeing the security around the store and I saw that she was looking at something on her computer so I thought she might have some sort of employee list and if I don't say one of the names I'm

6.

Text - One hour later my brother shows me a screenshot of his work group chat and HIS MANAGER SENT A PICTURE OF ME, ASKING "Does anybody know this guy?". They told my brother that someone was trying to impersonate him, which I guess there was. Morale of the story? Always tell the truth TLDR; Not correcting myself right away when I said that I work at the retail chain rather than my brother to the cashier, since I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal, lead to me having to commit to the lie over

Submitted by:

Tagged: FAIL , tifu , family , twins , Reddit , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment