Sunday, August 9, 2020

Bits Of Common Sense People Learned Late In Life


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about various bits of common sense that people seemed to learn later on in life. Some of us fall through the cracks, and are unknowingly trying to navigate a confusing life that could make just a bit more sense if we'd learned some of that "common sense" earlier. 

1.

Text - seniorTemper • 6h I feel so dumb but I didn't know that lamb was a baby sheep. Reply 581 ...

2.

Text - Zebra-Soul • 5h In the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", Santa Claus is the daddy. I always thought, gee, what a cheerful song about marital infidelity. Reply 1 768 ...

3.

Text - Doctor_CuddleFuck • 6h I always thought the phrase was "old wise tale" turns out it's "old wives tale" Reply 383 ...

4.

Text - mhc-ask • 6h That Khalid and DJ Khaled are two different musicians. Also apparently there's two Ronaldo's. Reply 364 ...

5.

Text - MangoBrando •6h Not me but a friend of mine graduated high school and that same summer we discovered he didn't know which ocean was the Atlantic or Pacific Reply 180 ...

6.

Text - Rhinosauron • 4h That children's kneecaps are cartilage until they start to turn to bone, anywhere from the age of 2 - 6 years old. Reply 1 53 ...

7.

Text - mjt9119 • 5h The North Star isn't unique because of its brightness, it's unique because it doesn't move, always stays north, while the others rotate around it Reply 356 ...

8.

Text - emotionallybougie • 4h I found out that Pringles are made from potato flour. You know, instead of individually sliced from identical tube-shaped potatoes. Reply 137 ...

9.

Text - maleorderbride • 6h I sill haven't learned how to whistle. Reply 306 ...

10.

Text - Armyofducks94•5h That there are other seasonings other than just salt. I seriously thought all those spice racks people had were just for aesthetic purposes. Family would just pour salt on everything. Took a long time for me to quit using salt as the only seasoning. Reply 126 ...

11.

Text - pathought111 • 5h I thought that FTW was an even crazier version of WTF, so crazy that it shuffled the words like: Fuck The What!? Reply 1 372 ...

12.

White - Snowball_II • 3h A fortnight is fourteen nights Reply 1 81 ...

13.

Text - portsherry • 3h I don't think everybody knows but I just discovered pencil extenders are a thing. I was just complaining on social media that I had a bunch of unusable pencils worn down to 2 inches, and just as I pressed send, I thought "there's probably something for that." l'm 41 and l've drawn all my life, never knew they existed. Reply 1 77 ...

14.

Text - ali_whi • 4h Dandelions (the yellow flowered weed) and Dandelions (the fluffy white weed) are the same plant. I'm 29 and my dum ass didn't connect that they have the same name. Reply 109 ...

15.

Text - yinz_and_yang • 5h That de-oxygenated blood in your body ISN'T ACTUALLY BLUE, as we were taught in school. Reply 167 ...

16.

Text - APossessedMind • 4h Apparently looking someone in the eyes when you speak to them is rude if you hold focus for more than like 20 seconds. Reply 104 ...

17.

Text - ArghabelAndSamsara • 6h I am completely unable to consistently snap my fingers. Reply 95 ...

18.

Text - Georgeisthecoolest • 3h the left brake and the right brake on a bike control different wheels. Never knew. Reply 33 ...

19.

Text - soviet_uwunion • 4h Soup doesn't necessarily have to have noodles Reply 1 50 ...

20.

Text - YankyNotBrim • 5h A triangle is called a triangle because tri means 3 and they have three angles. Hence triangle. Reply 46 ...

21.

Text - quatschimatschi • 2h I was 23 when I found out that narwals are real. I always thought they were made up like unicorns. Reply 10 ...

22.

Text - Basstracer • 2h Birds don't live in their nests. My wife is never going to let me forget that this was a mind-blowing revelation for me. Reply 1 10 ...

23.

Text - Henkiebal • 1h black olives are just ripened green olives... Reply ...

24.

Text - xoxomanie • 2h I learned that introvert persons like myself need phases of non-communication to rest. Im 30. Like everybody i know told me that they already knew that. Reply ...

25.

Text - Nudnick1977 • 1h Spinning classes isnt what I thought it was. It's actually exercise bike classes. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment