Thursday, July 23, 2020

Worst Field Trips People Ever Went On


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the absolute worst field trips that people have ever been on. Many of us have been there as miserable students, stuck fulfilling an obligation to go to some boring place because it's related in some way to the class's material. 

1.

Text - HitherFriendly • 17h Trip to a fort. We had a look from the bus since they wouldn't allow us in and went back to school. Reply 289 ...

2.

Text - ngatiara • 14h Had the opportunity to do an overnight stay at a zoo once as a class trip, which included seeing all the animals after hours, feeding times, and getting to go into some of the enclosures to feed certain animals. Unfortunately only two of us voted for that option, everyone else voted to go see Jurassic Park 2 at the movies. I'm still bummed about not going to the zoo 25 years later. Reply 394 ...

3.

Text - MSN_AL3X • 17h In sixth grade our entire middle school went to a high school play. It was so boring that one of our teachers fell asleep Reply 377 ...

4.

Text - Aceofkings9 • 17h I went to Memphis for an overnight trip in 5th grade. I caught a fever the night we got there and was deathly ill the entirety of the next day. I remember going to the Pink Palace and sitting on every single bench with my friends, waiting for everyone else to get through the exhibit. After that we went to a stop on the Underground Railroad where I almost certainly got my first migraine. Finally, on the bus home, I vomited all over one of the chaperones and the bus floor.

5.

Text - stopcounting • 16h We went to a beach where horseshoe crabs mate. Hundreds and hundreds of horseshoe crabs, latched onto one another and jizzing in the 95 degree heat. The smell was unimaginable.

6.

Text - EdgelordZeta • 17h Was supposed to be on luxury cruise around the harbor. The captain of the vessel never showed. Reply ... 84

7.

Text - Narniach • 17h We went to the canoe museum. You know what is NOT fascinating? Canoes. Reply 501 ...

8.

Text - ihopeyoulikeapples • 16h My school had the bright idea to do a camping trip in November in Canada. Everyone spent the whole time in their tent trying to stay warm. Reply 83 ...

9.

Text - KindGrade • 18h We went to a community college. That was pretty fun, but it was a girls only field trip, so the poor boys were stuck listening to speeches about becoming a man. Reply 515 ...

10.

Text - MrTossPot • 16h When I was 10 we went to a Bunnings Warehouse. To this day I don't know why they decided to bring school kids to a hardware store. Reply 81 ...

11.

Text - orangeisthenewfit • 16h A subway. As in the sandwich shop. Reply 52 ...

12.

Text - adnanoid • 17h When I was in 6th grade, we made a trip to a hospital, on bicycles. Mine got a problem and I got left behind. One of the worst memories of my childhood. Reply 97 ...

13.

Text - DeathSpiral321 • 16h An egg processing plant in first grade. It was just watching eggs go down a conveyer belt through a factory. Yawn. Reply 39 ...

14.

Text - Nixexs • 16h Rice farm. We had to help with transplanting the rice seedlings. Part of community service and volunteer initiative. It started raining. A crab bit my little toe. Fell into the mud. The lunch college provided was dry. Got a cold. But it was still pretty interesting. Especially the mud fight. Reply 36 ...

15.

Text - calcaneus • 15h It was always a day off, which was good. Tlive near Philly and I have seen the Liberty Bell often. It is iconic, but I only need to see a cracked bell so many times. Reply ...

16.

Text - Jauxerous • 17h To the museum of work. Yeah, take the 8 year old children and show them the magical and interesting world of the 8 hour workday. Brilliant idea! Reply 463 ...

17.

Text - Schid1953 • 16h Slaughter house to "see how hot dogs are made". Elementary school, early 60's, Rapid City, South Dakota. Black Hills Packing was the company. No longer there. Condos or appartments there now. If cows and pigs had ghosts that place would be haunted AF. Reply 301 ...

18.

Text - TreeHuggerKatCo • 17h We went to the fire station in first grade. We were getting back on the bus and as I was going up the steps to board the bus, the kid in front of me turned around and vomited all over me. My hair, my face, the front of my shirt, my shoes: covered in vomit. Had to spend the rest of the day at school and the walk home in vomit hair and clothes. Reply 348 ...

19.

Text - Nemdeleter • 16h In elementary school, we took a field trip to prison. I don't remember much, but it was very boring and we did a lot of walking. I do for whatever reason, remember my teacher saying "it always breaks my heart whenever I see one of my previous students here". I also remember some kids were actually scared to even be there. Not sure who thought it was a good idea but l'd rate it a 3/10 Reply 120 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment