Monday, July 6, 2020

Ungrateful Psycho Boss Gets Instant Karma


In one fell swoop of anger, this boss managed to lose his entire digital marketing department, and had no way to dig himself out. Sometimes bosses forget that their employees are human beings, who actually have the capacity to ruin their day, like this boss who tried to play an employee, or this boss who tried to play Alpha.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/beerbellybegone 4 days ago Boss: Think about whether you want to keep working here. Me: OK. I don't ocL Apologies if the English isn't perfect, it's not my native tongue. Nearly two years ago I started work at Company as their digital marketing person. After I started, it turned out that I was brought in to put out the fires left by my predecessor, the VP Marketing, who had a team of 4 plus himself, spent over $1 million in one year and brought in 5 dea

2.

Text - As you can well imagine, after a performance like that, I had lots of work to do, and very little to do it with. Aside from 1 or 2 paid tools, everything else was to be done using free tools only. I'm gonna do some bragging here, I beat the previous year's figures in all categories with 10% of the budget. When I started, I thought Bossman (Founder/CEO) had a really good management style, saying things like: "Your successes are yours, your mistakes are mine", and "The enemy of good is grea

3.

Text - Not to say everything was perfect, but things were pretty good. One of the main things that weren't perfect was that Bossman had serious anger management issues. As I said before, he left me alone but I saw him blow up at and fire other people for stupid shit. He lost it at me too once or twice, but he'd calm down after a coupla hours and things would be back to normal. If it looks like an abusive relationship, that's because looking back, that's exactly what it was. As the year came to a

4.

Text - The other day we had a meeting, and it turns out that two months ago I made a mistake. It wasn't a critical mistake, and it was rectified within a few hours of discovering the mistake. No harm or damage was caused whatsoever to Company, but Bossman flipping LOST IT. I mean slamming on tables, yelling for the whole office to hear, what have you. Then he said the magic words: "Pack your things up and go home. Think about whether you want to keep working here". So that's what I did, and 10 s

5.

Text - Here's the part where it gets beautiful: My country is very strict on employee's rights (sorry, Americans, I feel your pain). His words and behaviour are considered an improper dismissal. By law he's required to give me 30 days notice of dismissal, which he didn't. When he realized his mistake, he convened a pre-dismissal hearing, but it was already too late, he's opened himself up to a lawsuit, which I'm already talking with lawyers about. Because by law he has to give me those 30 days'

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , job , revenge , quit , lol , angry , story , win

No comments:

Post a Comment