Saturday, July 4, 2020

Twitter Thread: Judgmental Dad Gets Roasted


Dad was out of line, but fortunately the good folks of Twitter were ready to put him in check. Hopefully dad was able to hear the critical feedback with an open heart. 

1.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC I'm at a Lego robotics tournament for my oldest and you've never seen this many depressed fathers in one place. We're all thinking, “Other kids play football..."

2.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC They have a play by play announcer. On my life, I'm not making that up.

3.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC Oh goody. They're setting up a stage for an awards ceremony.

4.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC One team is named "The Shockers" and I have no idea how everyone thought that was a good idea.

5.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC He actually got a trophy. Told him I'm putting it in my room since he got his brains from me. Nbd.

6.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC They just announced the champion and this place is rocking like it's the Super Bowl. I don't belong here.

7.

Text - Jesse Kelly Follow @JesseKellyDC They qualified for the next tournament.

8.

Text - pangilinan @pangilinan Follow Replying to @JessekKellyDC Wow. I hope your kid doesn't see this and see how much their father could care less about what they are doing. How wonderful for your kid to know if they aren't in sports their activities are worthless and you would rather be anywhere else.

9.

Text - Smol!Disaster Follow @SuchFun_AreWe Replying to @pangilinan I'm guessing he suspects. My dad was sports guy like this & even tho he never expressly said he was disappointed that I was smart & artsy instead, I knew. And it still hurts, at 38. But whatever, we just don't really have a relationship at all so *shrug* I feel bad for his kid.

10.

Text - Kurt Von Follow @kkurtvon Replying to @JesseKellyDC I'm at a Lego tournament with my dad. And I've never seen so many of my friends depressed in one place. They're all like, "Dude, why didnt you bring your mom. You've obviously got the brains from her..."

11.

Text - SHANNON MaRiee Follow @ShanninMuhree Replying to @JesseKellyDC This is really sad as I was at this tournament with my 10 year old daughter and couldn't be more proud! You do realize they competed against high school kids and that was intimidating enough.. a little positivity goes a long way! #BeProud #RaisingBrainiacs

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment