Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Man Lies To Wife's Parents About Speaking French, Gets Invited To Paris


The real kicker here would be if his wife's parents are well aware that he was lying, and are just seeing how far they can play this out. Maybe they saw through the guy's lies from the start. Either way, it sounds like he's got plenty of time to study up on French, before he actually gets to Paris. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/SullivanFilm • 14h 1 3 TIFU by falsely claiming to speak fluent french to my wife's parents 6 years ago and now we're going to Paris together M This fuck up started 6 years ago when I met my wife's parents for the first time. Thought I had been determined to make a great first impression, ma and pa weren't thrilled about their country girl being stolen away from them by a city boy.

2.

Text - Conversation was stiffer than John Mayer's penis at 4 am on a friday night, but somehow it veered into the French category. I think we were talking about the civil war. Ma stated she'd always wanted to learn the language. I thought I'd win her over by telling a joke: "A few years ago I didn't speak any french, but now I can speak fluently - apparently it is parler liquide" Well, they didn't quite catch my wit, apperently speaking neither french nor sarcasm. Before this, they'd been cold t

3.

Text - A cat named 1-2-3 and another one named un, deux, trois were crossing a river. One made it avross. Which one? 1, 2, 3 because un, deux, trois, cat-re sinq. They loved that one too. Looking back on it, they didn't understand it at all. When they started asking me about where I learn it, how long it took, if l'd be willing to teach them, it dawned on me. It being the first time meeting my wife's family, me fearing the awkward, and her dad looking like he chops trees with his bare hands, I m

4.

Text - And lied I have these past 6 years. My relationship with my wife's parents has grown steady. I've spent far more time with them than I ever anticipated. I would have been comfortable coming clean to them, had it not been for the fact that the frenchness is my entire identity, my being, my worth to them now. I have become a caricature. Fearing they'd suspect otherwise, I way overdid it early on which means l've had to keep it up at express pace this entire time. My wife thinks it's hilario

5.

Text - So much so that they decided to invite the entire family to Paris for their 30th anniversary next year (after the pandemic). They're so excited and they're talking about how I can translate for them and "take them places only locals would know off" and how I've "inspired them to finally visit France". My wife's parents are no wealthy people, it is a grand gesture from them paying for my vacation to Europe. I know l've got to tell them. I can't back out of it, my wife would kill me. And I

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment