Wednesday, July 15, 2020

AskReddit Thread: Scariest Things That Woke People Up


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the most frightening things that woke people up in the middle of the night. Night time is full of unexplainable moments of spookiness. Sometimes we partially wake up, and experience those chilling moments of sleep paralysis when we're absolutely convinced that there's a demon homie chilling at the end of the bed. Or, maybe it's that pleasant moment when a poster falls off the wall and you spring awake as your heart leaps outside of your chest. 

1.

Text - Jakdavies • 20h The extremely realistic feeling of a bare hand grabbing my foot which made me wake up instantly only to realize it was somehow a dream Reply 934

2.

Text - cruxdude • 17h The night I watched the movie The Conjuring, I woke up to my bed shaking and all the clothes hanging in my closet rattling like crazy. Took me quite some time to realize it was an earthquake and not the devil come visiting. When I was in my final year at high school, I had trouble sleeping at night with my final exams approaching. I think I dozed off for a bit and suddenly woke up to see a person's face staring in through my window grill. I was in such a panic I literally c

3.

Text - NesWhatElse • 20h Once i woke up because i heard music playing from the kitchen and i thought maybe mum forgot to turn the radio off. I went through the dark hallway to the kitchen to turn the radio off but when i was standing in the dark kitchen there was no music playing everything was as quiet as always at 3am. Reply 2.9k ...

4.

Text - FireAndFlame55 • 21h A poster falling down from the wall. I'm pretty sure my neighbors heared my scream Reply 3.0k

5.

Text - i_fuckin_luv_it_mate • 20h My sister had an all white clown doll that hung from the ceiling on a little swing. In the summertime, we slept with our doors and windows open to get the cool air in. When I woke up one night hearing some tapping against her window down the hall. If i sat up in bed and look down the hall, and I could see into the front of her bedroom. So I did, and I see this fucking clown swinging back and forth against her window, back lit by the street lamp, but clearly star

6.

Text - doctechnical • 21h My cat howling at another cat through a screen in the door. Sounded like a demon. Reply 2.2k

7.

Text - davehone • 19h I had a large camel spider run over my face at about 3 am. That was not a pleasant sensation. Reply 1.2k ...

8.

Text - CriticalNatural9 • 20h My dog barking because "cops" were banging on the doors and windows of our airbnb, flashing their lights into each and every room. Called 911 and she told us to not answer the door because she doesn't see cops in our area. YUP Reply 2.4k ...

9.

Text - andyfurnival • 21h I was drifting off, and was already dreaming, but it seemed I was still awake, because I was dreaming of myself in bed, in my room, but in my dream I was awake. I dreamt some people or person swung through the bedroom door and ran towards me and in an instant and hit me with all their might with some heavy object. I shook awake, it was a similar feeing when you may startle yourself awake because it seems like you're falling. It took a moment for my brain to tell me I wa

10.

Text - BookwyrmsRN • 20h I had an industrial size rat dying from rat poison come thru a panel in my closet and up into bed with me at 2am. Reply 613 ...

11.

Text - sandwastes • 21h I heard someone quietly trying my front doorknob late at night (I wasn't quite asleep yet). I checked with my room mate later, and it wasn't them. It happened once or twice more, but I never got to the door quickly enough to see who it was through the peephole. Nothing ever came of it, and I live somewhere else now. Reply 1.0k ...

12.

Text - Sasarai • 21h The shadow of a person next to the bed. My first and last night terror. Reply 298 ...

13.

Text - ButterDeLaPeanuts • 20h When I was a kid, we went camping in the woods. I heard what I thought was a bear outside our pop-up camper and it woke me up. Me and my two brothers were sleeping on one side, with me in the middle, and our parents were sleeping on the other side. It was completely dark so I couldn't see a thing. But, I could hear what I thought was a bear snorting around outside. I was scared to death. I couldn't figure out a way to climb over my brothers and cross to the other s

14.

Text - UnKnOwN769• 20h My dog decided to hop onto our piano and started walking along the keys in the middle of the night. Reply 601

15.

Text - Hamfiter • 20h I woke up and heard someone walking outside my bedroom window, the window was open and there were leaves on the ground. I got up and put my back against the wall next to the window. I heard a very distinct human walking sound getting closer and closer. I was pooping my pants at this point, they were now very close and I could see out the window but I could not see them. I was pressed against the wall as the footsteps got closer and closer. Then the footsteps got quieter as

16.

Text - TNShadetree • 20h My first tornado. Woke and listened carefully and asked the wife "Is that rain or wind?" Just then both of our phone started beeping alerts and that put us in motion. In hindsight we reacted about a minute later than we should have. Got lucky and it contacted the ground about a miles past us. Reply 368 ...

17.

Text - eyekwah2 • 21h My parents visited my wife and I and since we didn't have two bedrooms, we let them stay in our bedroom, but we have two cats and they can open the bedroom door if it isn't locked by key. We told them to remember to close it. Sometime at night I hear a scream followed by "CAT!" Come to find out that my mom went to use the bathroom but forgot to lock the bedroom door afterwards and my dad was greeted by my cat's face staring at his. Honestly was probably scarier for my cat,

18.

Text - Rollthembones1989 • 20h Tornado Siren. In the midwest they test them once a month and you get used to it. But holy hell when it goes off at 3AM your subconscious mind dumps adrenaline into you. I thought i was going to have a heart attack. Like literally 29 year old about to have my wife call an ambulance. Reply 400 ...

19.

Text - wargwilling • 16h My snake farted so loud and harshly that he knocked himself off a branch, and the poo stuck to the other side of the glass. The noise it made in the dark middle of the night was horrifying Or the time that my rat got out of his cage and decided to crawl onto my face for kisses Reply 253 ...

20.

Text - Pettyrevenge1 • 16h A silhouette of a small child at the end of my bed that whispered my name in a demonic voice. It was my daughter. I don't care what people say, kids are creepy af in the dark. Reply 202 ...

21.

Text - ColeyPatroley • 20h My roommate screamed directly into my face at lam, you best know I instinctively slapped that bastard. Reply 440 ...

22.

Text - randomguy2198 • 21h A shadow person from a sleep paralysis episode Reply 283 ...

23.

Text - Pringlez_man • 19h A flying cockroach. Before then I didn't know they could fly. Reply 151 ...

24.

Text - SleepyConscience • 20h Feverish hallucination. Sickness isn't the fun type of hallucination. It's the "I took too much Benadryl" sort of hallucination. Reply 92 ...

25.

Text - insertcaffeine • 18h New moms (especially breastfeeding moms) might know this one: Waking up with full, painful boobs, glancing at the time, and realizing with horror that it's 4:00am and the baby has missed two feedings!! OMG IS HE DEAD?! Then you run into the baby's room with your heart in your throat, turn on the light, and see that cute little jerk just snoozing away, all swaddled up. Most immense terror and relief ever. Reply 296 I

26.

Text - edgarpickle • 18h Long story: We usually sleep with the windows closed, and we're used to that noise level. But one night it was just the perfect temperature and so we decided to leave the windows open. About 2 a.m., some cats started having very loud sex right outside the window. "Yoo00000owwwwwwwlllI" and so forth. My wife, forgetting that the window was open, thought that the cats were in the room and attacking our dog, so she yelled the dog's name and grabbed her. The dog had been fas

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment