Friday, June 12, 2020

Restaurant Owner Scams People For Good Google Reviews


This restaurant swung real low with their approach toward garnering "positive feedback" from customers. They'd basically get potential hires to write up BS reviews, hyping up the owner's various establishments. Well, that certainly backfired on the crazy owner when it was all said and done. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge Join u/Takemetothedumpster • 1d 1 Restaurant scams me for fake google reviews, I burn their google reviews page/ reputation to the ground and get the media to cover it. Hi folks, First post here, thought it would definitely fit.

2.

Text - So about a month ago I applied for a sushi restaurant called Yoshi's and I got a text from their 'hiring manager,' and we chatted about my availability, location, start date, yada yada. She then asked me to write a 'review' of general japanese food to show I knew what I was talking about and could upsell customers. Fine, I write a long review and sent it to her. She then sends my a tinylink url and tells me to post it there before I would be invited for an interview. I click it and what d

3.

Text - Being unemployed, I had some time on my hands so I screenshotted our convo and posted it all over social media. They wen't from 3.4 to 1.2 in a few hours with more than 70 new reviews about their shitty behavior. I was satisfied with that, and a report to the attorney general here. But then I noticed, the owner had managed to get all the reviews removed, so at that point I went full nuclear.

4.

Text - I contacted every media outlet, reported them to every oversight board, emailed corporate about it, and reported them to google. I managed to get one of our local news outlets to cover it, and google ended up removing all of their reviews all together. Scam me and countless others during a global pandemic? I ruin your business's reputation for your shitty behavior.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment