Saturday, June 20, 2020

Guy's Fart Almost Causes Airport Evacuation


Some farts just go too far apparently. Take this dude for instance who was just trying to pass some gas, and said gas ended up being so dang rancid that his fellow employees thought there was a literal gas leak. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/mayallrob_ • 1d 1 1 2 TIFU by almost causing an evacuation of the UK's largest airport. M This happened a few years ago. I used to work in the kitchen in one of Heathrow's private airline lounges, where the rich and famous were everyday customers. I did basic food prep and helped the chefs wherever possible. On this particular day, I came into work feeling fine except for some minor stomach pains. One of the chefs

2.

Text - asked me to go to the storeroom to get some oil for the fryer. When I got there my stomach pains intensified, and I could feel the gassy pressure in my bowels that could only be flatulence. The storeroom is rarely used, and there was no-one around, so I let rip. A large, silent fart. And then it hit me. The foulest, eggiest smell I am ever likely to produce. It filled the room and took my breath away. I covered my mouth, grabbed the oil, and got out of there quickly, closing the door behi

3.

Text - A few minutes later one of the other chefs came running into the kitchen, saying something about a gas leak. A group of us followed him down the corridor, straight to the storeroom. Fuck. The storeroom stores lots of dry goods like oils, cans, bottles, and anything that doesn't need to be refrigerated. It also houses the back end of our drinks machine (which feeds through to the main lounge and lets customers pour their own drinks) which uses compressed gas canisters, of which we had abou

4.

Text - chefs all piled into the room, noses held high, and start sniffing. "That definitely smells like gas!" "Are the canisters leaking?" So there I am, standing in the dry storeroom, watching about 4 chefs in front of me inhaling my fart and trying to find the source. Do I admit it was me? The Head Chef suddenly appears. He takes a deep breath.

5.

Text - "That's gas, for sure. We need to turn off the kitchen to make sure we don't ignite it, and evacuate the customers. Who do we call, the fire brigade? Airport maintenance?" Fuck fuck fuck. "Uh, guys... it was me". They turn to look at me. "I came in here earlier... and I farted". There's a look of relief on their faces - so it's not a gas leak! We're all safe! Then the relief slowly turns to horror, as they realise what I just said. We've just held an impromptu staff meeting in the storero

6.

Text - And that's the story of how I almost caused part of Heathrow airport to be evacuated. Also, I researched it later and those gas canisters only have carbon dioxide and nitrogen. It's odourless and non-flammable. TIL, I guess. tl;dr Eggy fart was not a gas leak, no need to evacuate and call the fire department.

Submitted by:

Tagged: smell , gross , tifu , disgusting , Reddit , fart

No comments:

Post a Comment