Saturday, June 20, 2020

Entitled Girlfriend asks Boyfriend to Pay Her Substantial Debt


This guy's girlfriend of two years asked him to help pay off her enormous college debt, and he laughed in her face about it. The internet weighed in on whether that was an appropriate response. For other relationship disputes people took to the internet, here's a woman who emasculated her egotistical boyfriend and a man who tried to control his girlfriend's money.

1.

Text - r/AmItheAsshole - Posted by u/JFThrowaway3312 18 hours ago AITA for laughing at my girlfriend for her suggestion to pay off her loan Not the A-hole Throwaway for obvious reasons. Me(32) and my girlfriend(29) are living together for a year and going out for two. I make about 1.5 times the amount she makes and split all our bills including rent 60-40. She has a huge student loan in low six digits. So here's the incident. Yesterday, she came up to me and asked why I was not helping pay off h

2.

Text - is she expecting me to help pay of her loan. she said it was the latter. I told her I am not willing to join finances as long as we are not married. But she retorted that I have more than enough in my savings and it's unfair that I am not helping her pay off her student loan. So, I asked her if she was expecting me to take my savings and completely pay off her loan. She nodded and I started laughing uncontrollably. She got upset and has informed most of her friends and they have been call

3.

Text - Emptyplates Partassipant [4] 20.1k points - 20 hours ago NTA. Her debt isn't your problem. Her attitude after asking would be a deal breaker for me.

4.

Text - PlaneJaneLane03 Asshole Enthusiast [7] 6.4k points · 20 hours ago NTA. She let her friends get in her head and make a fool out of her.

5.

Text - terrenoya 3.4k points · 20 hours ago NTA she wanted to use you

6.

Text - Revolution8531 Partassipant [1] 740 points · 18 hours ago NTA. I'm already laughing at the hubris needed to ask and EXPECT such a thing. Your savings, your money, and you already pay 60% of the bills because of your income difference, yet she's asking for even more? Red flag dude, especially if her friends are also piling on.

7.

Text - thundermalice 2.0k points · 18 hours ago NTA, she's not your wife, not even a fiance! It is laughable that she thought she could get you to spend your savings on her debt. That clearly shows irresponsibility and lack of personal accountability on her part.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment