Thursday, June 25, 2020

Guest Tries To Get Employee Fired For Doing Their Job


These unruly guests got just the kind of instant karma that they clearly needed. This really just might be the only way that these kind of people learn their lesson. It's the kind of story that puts a big old grin on your face. 

1.

Text - r/TalesFromTheFrontDesk u/LobbyJockey • 1y • I don't like you, but I really... 1 Guest tries to get me fired for doing my job, admits she's doing it "just to be a b**ch" and the results are highly satisfying. Long This happened back in April. tl;dr at the end. Around mid-morning, an attractive young woman came into the lobby and asked for a key to her cousin's room (who we'll call "Shi-Shi Garcia"). Cousin: "Can I get a key to room 207?" Me (checking...): "Is Ms. Garcia here with you?" Sh

2.

Text - generous solution to her problem, a definite grey-area loophole--but they didn't see it that way. The one on the phone said "You're really gonna be that petty? Why can't you just do your job and let my cousin into our room." Finally sick of the abuse, I snapped back "Doing my job means your cousin plops down on that couch and waits for you to get back here and let her in. What I'm doing is extra. It's special treatment. I'm being nice, and I don't appreciate the abuse. I don't have to do

3.

Text - struck me as odd, because I was told she was "hours away". Never looking up from her phone, she asked for my name and my supervisor's name, and took the opportunity to slip in a few more derisive remarks. After I said "Have a nice day," with perhaps too much bite, she told me she's going to try and get me fired because "What you did is illegal." Then, while I was speechless, she smugly turned on a dime like a model on the runway and strutted back to her room. That could have been the end

4.

Text - Me: (knock, kna-knock knock) "Front desk" (Shi-Shi opens the door, holding her cell phone up to her ear, saying something inaudible into it) Me: "Hey so do you want me to call the police and oust this person from your room?" Shi-Shi: "No no no--no. She's actually in the restroom." Me: "Is it okay that she's in here?" Shi-Shi (innocently): "Yeah. That's fine." Me: "Thennn why are you upset that I let her in?" Shi-Shi (talking into the phone): "Hold on, can l- can |- can- can--is there a wa

5.

Text - That conversation (26 seconds): [redacted. Transcript below. Starts after she gets off the phone with customer support. We're standing at the desk.] Shi-Shi: "Okay." (long pause) Me: "So it's okay that that person's in the room?" Shi-Shi: "That is correct." Me: "Then what's the problem?" Shi-Shi: "The problem is... your... customer relations." Me: "So it's not that I let her into the room... like you threatened me with earlier." Shi-Shi: "No not necessarily? I did that? Because l'm upset

6.

Text - The only reason I recorded this stuff was to defend myself against a write-up or worse. I was content to let the whole thing go. She had her key and filed her complaint and my manager was on my side. Great. That could very easily have been the end of it. The next day, however, after they checked-out, Housekeeping discovered Shi-Shi and her cousin had stolen all our pillows and left their own raggedy, old pillows in the pillowcases. Did they think we wouldn't notice? Naturally her card dec

7.

Text - Nope! Two days later, whose name do I see in the Arrivals list, but Shi-Shi Garcia. Two adults. Oh dear. I called the phone number on-file, expecting to have it out with her, but it was a man who answered. I told him we'll have to cancel this reservation because Shi-Shi and her cousin are not welcome at the Slumtown Inn. He asked why and I told him the whole story; the key, the abuse, "I'm just doing it to be a bitch," and the pillow swap. I did not mention the recordings. He apologized p

8.

Text - The next day, I learned that man had been her boss' boss. He called her supervisor, who called the hotel and spoke with my manager. My manager told him the whole story and mentioned the recordings. Ladies and gentlemen, it saddens me to tell you: Shi- Shi and her pretty cousin were let go. They were fired in a strange city, a thousand miles from home, in the middle of a business trip. Sad. Edit: One of the mods asked me to remove the audio clips. At a commenter's suggestion, I supplied tr

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment