Thursday, June 25, 2020

AskReddit Thread: Man Secrets Get Divulged


The "man secrets" are finally being revealed. Whether it's something like the fact that many dudes genuinely enjoy the act of hugging, or something more ridiculous like the inescapable blind and primal urge to touch the top of a doorframe, upon entering a room; these male secrets might provide some clarity for folks out there. 

1.

Text - andytheg 31.5k points· 2 days ago S 6 2 O We desperately want you to toss us things instead of just handing them to us

2.

Text - dy_lan10 51.9k points · 2 days ago S5 It's not that we can't take hints; we are just afraid of looking too far into something. If someone is flirting with me I have the dilemma of "is she actually into me or is this just how her personality is?"

3.

Text - toothless-nonsense 39.7k points · 2 days ago S I like hugs... ASKREDDIT

4.

Text - UVLsystem 34.8k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago I'm not staring at you, I'm zoned out thinking about how I'd start a brewery in medieval England whilst my eyes just happen to be facing your direction.

5.

Text - JohnnyMopper 33.9k points · 2 days ago As a favor, I worked on a girl's car one time and got pretty dirty. Afterwards, she asked me if I wanted to come inside and take a shower. I told her "no" because I hadn't brought any clean clothes to put on after the shower. She just kinda giggled. Yeah, us guys aren't exactly too bright when it comes to reading between the lines.

6.

Text - birdistheword2023 31.0k points · 2 days ago S 2 The desire to touch the top of the doorframe is a primal one. I can't understand it, I just do it.

7.

Text - realbadaccountant 23.0k points· 2 days ago S 2 6 When people come crying to us, our first inclination is to fix the problem. Since this is (often) not possible, lead with something along the lines of "Can I vent for a minute?" Or anything that signals to us this is just a time for active listening, rather than a problem solving session.

8.

Text - RedditIsMyCity 24.0k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago Compliments will last for weeks, months, even years. Guys are crazy for a simple "You're hot" or "You're really handsome" or something with their personality or looks. Edit: GOLD?????????? ASKREDDIT

9.

Text - pm_me_ur_rice_noodle 21.7k points · 2 days ago · edited 1 day ago, I spent an hour or so this morning reading about fighter jets then dozed off and dreamt that I was a pilot. Then I remembered a cool folder I had once with a t-rex flying a fighter jet on it. I laughed out loud at that memory and when my wife asked why, I said not to worry about it. Then I laughed again because I thought about a t-rex trying to fit in at flight school. My wife and I are now fighting because she thinks I'm

10.

Text - DepressedBard 20.9k points · 2 days ago S 2 Your chances of getting what you want out of us are infinitely higher if you tell us directly.

11.

Text - BlueLantern84 18.3k points · 2 days ago 33 O If we have a goofy hobby and you take interest in it, even the slightest, we love it. I'm a big gamer and my wife (who also games but not the same ones I play) will often watch what I'm doing, ask about the game, and generally take an interest. Her saying "oh, are you looking forward to Anthem?" is really cool and I appreciate her interest, it's be so easy for her to pay no attention, and her doing so makes a big difference.

12.

Text - Iwaspromisedjetpacks 16.9k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago Men have just as many issues with mental health - depression, anxiety, body issues. Please recognize this. I hate living in a world where it's not socially acceptable for men to talk about these things. A lot of guys would talk about their experiences and issues but don't feel like they can. I feel like we just sort of ignore the issue and guys that have mental health issues are sort of looked down upon because men are all

13.

Text - LDodge7047 27.6k points· 2 days ago S 2 When you ask what are we thinking about and we say "nothing", we really mean it. Never underestimate a guy's ability to not being thinking about stuff at all times.

14.

Text - banjohusky95 16.0k points · 2 days ago S 4 We really do think your hair is good. It looked good before and after you got a hair cut. If looked good curly and it looked good straight. It looked good when you woke up and when you made it. As long as its shaped like the hair we gave girls on stick figures when we were 5 years old, we think it looks good.

15.

Text - aestusveritas 15.3k points · 2 days ago S When we want to be alone, it's not that we don't want to be around you, it's that we don't want to be around anyone for a bit.

16.

Text - Johnchuk 9.4k points · 2 days ago S 3 If we tie down anything in the back of a pickup truck or trailer it's physically impossible for us not to stand back and say "that's not going anywhere."

17.

Text - frozenartic 8.1k points · 2 days ago S2 When we come home from work, we could use some down time to do nothing. The car ride home does not count. Give us 20-30 minutes without unloading. This may be true for everyone, but having a moment to just be dormant on your couch or in front of the tv let's our body and brain say, “ work is over and you can put it behind you!" ASKREDDIT

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment