Saturday, May 2, 2020

Pettiest Revenges The World's Seen


Petty revenges are something else. We get to see just how far people's resistance toward letting something go, can take them in the way of enacting a devastating petty revenge. Sometimes, people just obsess, and through that obsession a desire to hatch the perfect petty revenge is born. You might say that these folks are masters of the petty revenge. They certainly weren't playing games. Maybe revenge is best enjoyed through pure pettiness. Who knows? 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + JOIN u/grapeicecreamfloat • 53d 1 3 6 Faked proof that I had a flat tire so that the lazy people in my group project would have to do the presentation themselves therefore likely will fail I'm in a class where a group research project/ presentation is a huge chunk of overall points. Everyone knows in group projects you always have that one slacker who doesn't do anything that you have to compensate for. However, I got stuck with possibly the worst 3 people to be in a proj

2.

Text - I did the entire research, presentation, poster boards, etc among many other annoying things myself. I tried talking to them and telling them they needed to put in their share of effort. Ignored. l'd send them tasks to do, ignored. I'd try to schedule meetings, they'd say they were coming and then leave me alone at the library. This happened from the get go. It was abundantly clear that they expected everyone else to do the work, but "everyone else" turned out to be just me. Rule: we coul

3.

Text - At this point I'm livid and decide they can just do it themselves, which means they'd get up there, not know a damn thing to say other than the small info I gave them, and couldn't even bullshit anything because they did no research. Thing is, if we miss without an excuse, we fail the project. If you have an excuse, you have to have documentation. I commute and live an hour away, so I decide that l'll conveniently have a flat tire right before class. Went out and actually bought a tire so

4.

Text - ***edited to say: the professor stated at the beginning that we were not allowed to contact him about people slacking in the group, and said to work it out amongst ourselves. Said that we were adults and that he wouldn't even respond to emails about it.

5.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + JOIN u/notanotherdonut • 2y Take my parking spot that i just dug out? Fine, I'll bury your car This happened a couple years ago. It had snowed a bunch and so I went out to clear a spot for my boyfriend at the time for when he got home from work (police officer). I spent a while digging it out, and as I was finishing up some girl drove up and parked in it (while I was still shoveling it!). I told her that I just dug it out intending to use it and asked her to move, and she

6.

Text - Our complex had a mini snow plow and the dude was plowing in the area and saw this all go down. He helped me move all the snow from the pile he just created and put it all around her car. We buried it up to the door handles on all sides. He then dug out a new spot for me. Saw her later trying to dig out her car, turns out she didn't have a shovel. So, naturally, bc l'm petty I went out and reshovelled the sidewalk from the lot up to our building, and threw all of the snow on her vehicle w

7.

Text - Edit 2: thanks for the gold! Edit 3: answers to questions for clarification. only mentioned bf was a cop to justify why he was at work during all the snow, which was why I was digging him out a spot. Also, the spot was between two other cars so she couldn't even walk along the side of her car to get to the door, which also meant that it didn't take much snow to bury her car in.

8.

Text - r/pettyrevenge JOIN u/turtlesh0es • 2y Don't want to wait your turn? Now you wait ten minutes. On mobile, forgive my textwall. This happened to me last night. I got in my car to pick up my girlfriend and my tire pressure light came on. T have a 12v air compressor in my backseat but it's loud and fills sort of slowly, so I opted to drive to the local wawa. (For those who don't have Wawa, it's like if 7/11 got sober and went to college.) Wawa's air pumps are free to use which usually means

9.

Text - older gentleman in a BMW pulled in behind me. After about 3 minutes a woman in a brand new Lexus pulls up directly next to me and puts her window down. "I only have to fill one tire, do you mind if I go in front of you?", she asked. I said, "Actually I do, we've been waiting here for a little bit, sorry." She muttered something while rolling her window up and I put up mine. About a minute later the guy at the pump was done. He backs up and before can even put my car in gear Lexus woman pu

10.

Text - wave. At this point my anger gives way to a ninja-like calm, and I know exactly what must be done. I pull my car forward and stop ~6 inches from her rear bumper. The air pump is in the corner of the lot, so Lexus woman has a curb in front of her, a curb to her right (where the pump is), an open spot to her left, and now my dirty ass car right behind her brand new one. She is busy filling her tire and doesn't notice that l've pulled right up to her car. I step out of my car, grab my air co

11.

Text - his tires too. I say "of course" and motion for him to park in the empty spot to Lexuslady's left. As soon as he pulls in she notices what's happening and starts yelling. I flip on my air compressor and begin filling my tire, her cries drowned out by the sound of 250psi of justice. She comes and stands in front of me, face beet red and little flecks of spittle popping out from between her cigarette teeth as she calls me all sorts of names. I calmly say "Ma'am, I only have one tire to fill

12.

Text - tldr lady takes my spot at the air pump, I block her in and fill my tire and the gentleman behind me with my own very slow, very loud compressor.

13.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/10S_NE1 • 2y + JOIN Calling her "fake quitting" bluff This happened years ago but still makes me smile. I started working in a corporate office in a secretarial position for my first job after college. There were two older ladies who were also secretaries working in the office. One of them was just fine, but I spent most of my time sitting beside and working with Agnes. Agnes was quickly approaching retirement age but wasn't going anywhere without a big push. This was in

14.

Text - She tended to pout when when things didn't go her way, and she would "quit" her job when someone pissed her off, and then my boss's boss would talk her into staying. I'd heard about this tactic of hers and one day, our boss did something that annoyed her and she "quit" again. My boss's boss was away that day so I had my chance. I quickly advertised and planned a big retirement party for her. It was a done deal by the end of the day. People were dropping by and congratulating her and every

15.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + JOIN u/cookiemonster1997 • 2y Shitty server demands a better tip A couple months back, my boyfriend and I went out for drinks one night at this cool little "speakeasy" in Montreal. It's actually quite an interesting place. You come in through a nondescript entrance and the place has a really nice vibe going on once you get inside. Note: this is one of those bars where the server comes to your table and serves the drinks rather than one where you order at the bar and take

16.

Text - Then, when it came time for the bill, I went up again so he would come to our table. He came and thought we were going to order again despite me clearly asking for the bill when I went up. So, he went back to get the card machine and it was another ten minutes before he was back. At this point, I was quite ticked off at the not- so-great service and was debating whether or not I should tip him. The screen had an option for 10%, 15%, 20% or "other." | decided to just leave 10% as I wanted

17.

Text - Now, he prints out the receipt and takes a look at it and sees I left 10%. He then asks if we had a nice evening, to which my boyfriend responded that we did; we both thought it was just a standard question servers ask so we didn't bother telling him about the poor service received-especially because it wouldn't really make a difference at this point. The guy then says, "oh, well if you had such a nice time, than you should've left at least a 15% tip. Because, in Canada, it's customary to

18.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/[deleted] • 2y JOIN Unlucky Steam key scammer calls electronics, gets the dumbest employee in the world When I worked at Walmart, I went from cart pusher- >cashier->electronics->security. Sometimes after I switched to security, when electronics was really swamped, l'd help out for a few minutes. One day, the phone was ringing and I was walking by and randomly answered it. Sir Scamalot: "Hello, sir, this is Steam Support services with Valve." Instantly, of course, I know t

19.

Text - Sir Scamalot: "We've had reports that game keys shipped to your location may have an error that prevents it from authenticating, specifically the game Counter Strike. We need to validate your game keys to see if your affected." [I forget which CS was on sale then, this was 2008]. Me: "Oh, what do I do?" As if I didn't know. Sir Scamalot: "Well I just need you to open any copies of the game you have and read me the CD key on the instruction manual so I can verify them with our validation s

20.

Text - Sir Scamalot: [obviously happy] "Sure!" So I put Sir Scamalot on hold while I called all the other area stores electronics department and warned them about the scammer and confirmed nobody had taken a call like this earlier. About 15 minutes later, I get back to Scamalot. Me: "Thanks for holding, but I can't find any CD keys. I looked all through the book and the packages." Sir Scamalot: [annoyed] "Well sir, just open any copy of Counter Strike and on the-" Me: "Oh, COUNTER STRIKE! I thou

21.

Text - Everyone in the department is listening and we all laugh. 10 minutes later, I'm back on the line. Me: "Ok, I got what you're looking for! What do you need?" Now I make him walk me through how to open the box, including interrogating him for 5 minutes about how to do it without breaking the seal, then pretend I can't find the book, etc etc. Finally, I'm ready to read the code! First, I read him the UPC. This upsets him. Then I read him a part number from something. Now he's livid. Finally,

22.

Text - Me: "No, its. F, U, C, then K like kite. Next four is Y like yesterday. O like owl-" And he swore at me and hung up. EDIT: Spelling, also, thanks for gold!

23.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + JOIN u/neontonsil • 2y I absolutely LOVE people who pay with pennies! Seriously. 4 years ago, I'm cashiering at a whacky mart on a register that holds all the smokes and alcohol. It's 10pm and these two young men (early 20s) come up to the counter. They have three random novelty items (I don't remember they were), but it was strange and unusual to get odd items this late at night. Maybe it was for some fraternity, I don't know. It's a college town so I get weird stuff fro

24.

Text - Grinning at each other, they reach into their jackets and slam down two gallon zip-lock bags, full of only pennies. I stare them in the eye, but they didn't even look back at me. Everyone else in line groan and went to other registers. These two kids knew what they were doing, but they didn't know what they were in for because I prepared for this; I knew this was going to inevitably happen. I grinned with them, because I was gonna get paid during this. These pranksters are here for recrea

25.

Text - Me: Is this $22.xx? Ringleader: ... Me: Did you count it? Ringleader: Nope. Me: Are you going to? Ringleader: Nope. Me: Is it at least $22.xx? >>

26.

Text - Ringleader: Don't know. Me: Nice. Coworker: Hey! You guys can use the self checkout. It can take all of your coins at once. Me: Oh, don't worry about it Cowor-- Ringleader: Nope, don't trust them lady. (Partner laughs) Coworker: What? Why!? Ringleader: Doesn't count all your change right. Coworker: I've used them before. It really works! Me: (to Coworker) I got this.

27.

Text - I unpacked the ziplocks and threw all the pennies on the counter. It was a beautiful, massive shitstorm of a mess. And I digged in it. I was Frank in a dumpster in 'It's Always Sunny'. The two, still averting my gaze, start chuckling as if they were taking away my dignity. They whisper to each other "Dude oh my God," "Dude yeah," "Dude, hilarious." I counted each penny, one by one. My coworker comes up to me. Coworker: Guess l'll help you count this. Me: Don't worry about it. (She looks a

28.

Text - We worked up a system where we counted ten, put them in a pile, then with ten stacks of ten pennies we separated them, making $1 piles. We made progress slowly but surely. Some customers came to the line, but we advised them to get to another line. Some of them looked at us confused, but when they saw the counter full of pennies they understood. Some decided to wait, but when they realized it wasn't going to take just a few minutes they took their leave. Another register in the liquor dep

29.

Text - Coworker: Neontonsil! Me: Oops. Sorry. (Coworker looks at my grin. I give her a wink and tilt my head, motioning her to leave) Coworker: You know what, I think I better let you do this. Me: Ha, alright. (Coworker leaves. I look at the two guys. They are absolutely stunned at the fallen piles of pennies.)

30.

Text - Me: (To Ringleader) Yeah, l'm going to have to count all of this again. Ringleader: ...Ok. I started from zero. I count slower then ever, and made my way back up. The duo is entirely silent. I get to about $7, when suddenly I say: Me: Drats. I lost count. I better start all over again. Ringleader: Really? Me: Oh yeah man. Ringleader: Why!? Me: I lost count, sir. I could be in trouble if my

31.

Text - register doesn't have the right amount of cash, and I don't want to rip you off. Ringleader: ... It's about an hour later. My manager walks past, looks at me. I smile at him, and he looks at the counter. He walks away without a word. I eventually count all the change and surprisingly they had only $18! Me: Hmm, I think that this is $18. (The duo has been dead silent. They look done for the night.) Me: l'll recount it.

32.

Text - I fucking recounted it. Me: I think this is actually $19.xx. (Without a word, the Ringleader whips out a $5) Me: Seriously? You had cash? Ringleader: Needed to get rid of my change. Me. No problem. I'll just recount this again. I want to make perfectly sure that this is $19, since I counted $18 the first time. Ringleader: Are you kidding me? (I shake my head no, completely serious)

33.

Text - He takes out a $20 bill straight out of his pocket and throws it at me. My coworker gives the biggest WHAT THE FUCK face. Internally, I die as well, because they were smart enough to have a backup plan. And the fact that he was touching his cash in his pocket the entire time kinda messed with me. I take the cash, do the transaction, give him his change, thanked him and wished him a good night. The two start to put their pennies back in the ziplock bags and I didn't help the at all. I watc

34.

Text - Lots of pennies dropped to the floor, but they didn't care to pick them up. It looked like their souls were sucked out of them. It was past midnight and I clocked out way past when I was supposed to. A lot of my coworkers gave me a thumbs up or told me good night. Even my manager told me 'good job,' the only two words he ever said to me. Went to bed at the dorms after such a great petty penny night and crashed. Strange to say, but l'd love to count pennies again. TL;DR I recounted 1900 pe

35.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + JOIN u/Past_life_God • 1y Girl does zero percent of the work on a huge project and gets zero percent of the credit! This story takes place my 3rd year of college. I was taking a class where the entire grade was determined by a semester long final project. We were supposed to be in groups of three on the project, but the third guy in our group had more sense than me and bailed early. This left just me and Lazy Girl hereafter known as LG. LG didn't do anything the entire se

36.

Text - Now I didn't want any confrontation with this girl, as she was my friend at the time, but I finally lost it one night towards the end of the semester. I'd asked her to meet at my house to work on the project, but 'something important came up. Fed up with this one sided partnership, I decided to air my woes at the local bars. And guess who I run into? and LG and her boyfriend drinking! She made up some bullshit excuse and I made a plan. I powered through the entire assignment, except for t

37.

Text - So here's a little tidbit about our final projects, we each had to turn one in. LG here not only didn't do the conclusion, she didn't turn in a project at all! She tried calling and bitching at me for not 'giving her credit' to which I went off on her for not doing shit on the entire project. I mentioned how I even gave her the opportunity to turn in my work for a grade if she'd only do ONE thing! She hung up after that, and that was the last time we spoke. TLDR: Girl spends the entire se

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment