Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Dude Accidentally Steals Identical Van


How many tales of mistaken identity end with accidentally stealing someone's car for 45 minutes? This guy noticed something was off after he noticed the car seats. Good thing there weren't any kids in them. People make incredibly stupid mistakes all the time, like this woman who had groceries delivers and failed all over the place.

1.

Text - r/tifu - Posted by u/Air911 21 hours ago O TIFU by accidentally stealing a car I drove my wife's van to work to save miles on the lease. I parked it, and she has the keyless start so I just left the keys right in the car (who's going to steal a car out of my work parking lot after all). Anyway, at lunch I like to drive over to our other building that's down the street to play pool with some buddy's. I did that, stayed for about 45 mins and headed back. But, as I was driving back I noticed

2.

Text - looked around to observe the rest of the newly cleaned auto, out of my peripheral I caught a glimpse of something in the back seat..."What is that??" my brain said to me. I looked back, and it's a car seat...A car seat??..My youngest son is 7!! We don't have a car sea! What's happening?!!?...And as the adrenaline rushes through my veins, I finally realize, I'm in the wrong car!!!! I got in a van, that is the same color, yr/make/model as my wife's, parked 3 spaces over from mine, and ALSO

3.

Text - As I pull into the parking lot I half expect there to be police waiting for me. I pray that the spot is still open, but of course it isn't. I find a spot that's relatively close. I have no choice but to confess my sins, so I go right to security and tell them what happened. The security girl bursts out laughing in my face. But, tells me to give her the plate number and she'll email the person and tell them what happened.

4.

Text - I never heard about it again from the car owner or security. But I told people at my work about it, and people still say "Are you sure you got the right car!" And think they're the only ones to say it. this was a few months ago btw, I just realized it fit pretty good here. I took a video in the car right after I realized what happened if you want to see https://youtu.be/jofnk-QkioA TL; DR I accidentally got in the wrong car at work and drove away in it (push start with keys in it). Kept i

5. Untitled

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment